CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Mario might have a better total impact this year than Fournier did last year.

Your talking about an enormous leap for a kid that looked like he was in over his head most of all last year. I would certainly hope/think Mario ends up a much more complete player then Fournier, but for him to do so next year seems to be asking to much.

This. RPM is one of the most useless stats I hear people throw around as a catch-all. RPM is not completely useless - most stats aren't, put in their proper places - but when a statistic tells you that Cole Aldrich is in its top 20, right behind Ricky Rubio, it has no business being used as a barometer of how good a player is or will become.

RPM is useless, OWS & DWS are not. Those are mostly spot on with how good/bad a player is. I value those 2 stats more then any other stat when judging how good/bad a player is.

Your talking about an enormous leap for a kid that looked like he was in over his head most of all last year. I would certainly hope/think Mario ends up a much more complete player then Fournier, but for him to do so next year seems to be asking to much.

For whatever reason we ended up as a top 10 defensive team whenever Mario played even when he started. He'd only need to be a competent offensive player to have a bigger impact than Fournier assuming a repeat on defense

For whatever reason we ended up as a top 10 defensive team whenever Mario played even when he started. He'd only need to be a competent offensive player to have a bigger impact than Fournier assuming a repeat on defense

That's a super small sample size. Sample size means a lot. Let Mario play 32mpg on a bad team and we'll see. Also, Fournier 1.7 DWS, Mario 1.0. More telling then an overall team stat. Fournier was playing against starters, Mario backups and plenty of mop up minutes in blowouts. Fourier is far from a great defender but he's better on that end of the floor by a descent margin right now as well as the offensive end.

I'm looking forward to what becomes of AG but I'm equally, if not more, intrigued by what kind of player Mario can be.

I don't believe RPM is useless when comparing starters and those who get heavy minutes. Sorry gang. For those who like WS, you better hope we re-sign Fournier, as he was our best player this year in this stat.

I don't believe RPM is useless when comparing starters and those who get heavy minutes. Sorry gang. For those who like WS, you better hope we re-sign Fournier, as he was our better player this year in this stat.

I love that Stat, and yes Fournier had the highest on the team. But what was semi surprising to me was AG was second on the team, which is a GREAT sign moving forward. Don't look at Mario's WS, it's a train-wreck, actually worse then Dwayne Dedmon. Shabazz worse on the team next to Marble.

I said the same thing. Plus they'll get another top 5 pick next year. I think Embid is gonna be an animal. Okafor's floor is high and when he has Embid backing him up, it will cover up a lot of his deficiencies.

Teague/Simmons/Saric/Okafor/Embid, top 5 pick next year, I like it. They gotta get Saric over here obviously but he's been lighting it up overseas.

They would need a lot more shooting to be good.

That's a super small sample size. Sample size means a lot. Let Mario play 32mpg on a bad team and we'll see. Also, Fournier 1.7 DWS, Mario 1.0. More telling then an overall team stat. Fournier was playing against starters, Mario backups and plenty of mop up minutes in blowouts. Fourier is far from a great defender but he's better on that end of the floor by a descent margin right now as well as the offensive end.

Win shares mean nothing when one player plays 1100 more minutes. Unless you think Vucevic is a significantly better defender than dedmon.

Win shares mean nothing when one player plays 1100 more minutes. Unless you think Vucevic is a significantly better defender than dedmon.

They still mean plenty. Plenty of players play low minutes and still have far higher WS's then Mario.

But you saying Mario is going to all the sudden next year be a better player then Fournier is rather foolish. Fournier had the highest WS on the team this year. Mario had the 3rd lowest to only Shabazz and Marble. There is zero chance Mario is a better player next year then Fournier was this year. That's beyond an unrealistic expectations. I fully hope Mario is a better player then Fournier in the coming years (he was the 5th overall pick afterall) but he won't be next year. Fournier graded out as a top 10 SG in nearly every category this year BTW.

They still mean plenty. Plenty of players play low minutes and still have far higher WS's then Mario.

But you saying Mario is going to all the sudden next year be a better player then Fournier is rather foolish. Fournier had the highest WS on the team this year. Mario had the 3rd lowest to only Shabazz and Marble. There is zero chance Mario is a better player next year then Fournier was this year. That's beyond an unrealistic expectations. I fully hope Mario is a better player then Fournier in the coming years (he was the 5th overall pick afterall) but he won't be next year. Fournier graded out as a top 10 SG in nearly every category this year BTW.

We were significantly better when Fournier was on the bench post all star. He's a good offensive player but a terrible defensive player.

Like I said, Mario has to hit shots he needs to hit and continue to play solid defense and he'll have more of a positive impact than Fournier.

And no **** Fournier had the highest win shares, he played the most minutes. Look at his win shares per 48 though.