CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I think Bass is a terrible comparison for Chriss.

eh, young bass was a hyper athletic guy who lived on the offensive glass and also had deep jumper that was money. He was a good individual defender but often fouled too much and didn't rotate well.

Chriss is a hyper athletic guy who lives on the offensive glass but doesn't get defensive rebounds and has all the tools to play defense but doesn't and is foul prone. he's also got a solid jumper.

Edit: there's not a lot of 4s that are stretch 4s, very athletic, bad defensive rebounders so I'm having a hard time coming up with a better comp.

eh, young bass was a hyper athletic guy who lived on the offensive glass and also had deep jumper that was money. He was a good individual defender but often fouled too much and didn't rotate well.

Chriss is a hyper athletic guy who lives on the offensive glass but doesn't get defensive rebounds and has all the tools to play defense but doesn't and is foul prone. he's also got a solid jumper.

Edit: there's not a lot of 4s that are stretch 4s, very athletic, bad defensive rebounders so I'm having a hard time coming up with a better comp.

Maybe Markieff Morris but more athletic?

EDIT: I actually meant Marcus Morris.

Maybe Markieff Morris but more athletic?

so it looks like we will be getting one of these players:

Skal Labissiere

Deyonta Davis

Jakob Poelti

Marquese Chriss

Denzel Valentine

Henry Ellenson

Deyonta and Valentine offer skills that we can use.

I am a little intrigued with Valentine's shooting and passing next to Victor

Deyonta is a shot blocker we can use.

so it looks like we will be getting one of these players:

Skal Labissiere

Deyonta Davis

Jakob Poelti

Marquese Chriss

Denzel Valentine

Henry Ellenson

Deyonta and Valentine offer skills that we can use.

I am a little intrigued with Valentine's shooting and passing next to Victor

Deyonta is a shot blocker we can use.

I'd be fine with any of the bigs, dont like valentine though, just reminds me of evan turner who has been underwhelming as a pro. Like davis or skai the best bc of their ability to play the 4 and small ball 5

I'd be fine with any of the bigs, dont like valentine though, just reminds me of evan turner who has been underwhelming as a pro. Like davis or skai the best bc of their ability to play the 4 and small ball 5

Valentine seems to be a better shooter and passer

If we can get Evan Turner at 11 I'm completely fine with that. I don't know what your expectations are if you think getting a versatile role player at 11 is a bad thing.

I just don't see a rookie getting many minutes for our team next season. Any big we get this draft should be 5th in our PF/C rotation at most. If the goal is to make the playoffs we will put solid vets in the backup 4 and 5 spots.

With that in mind, I'd swing for the fences and take the highest upside player with the understanding that we won't expect them to contribute to our success for the first couple seasons. That makes a guy like Skal and even Thon intriguing prospects. They aren't ready to play. They've shown very little in non-workout settings, but they have the physical attributes to be special if they can be developed well in our d league program.

I just don't see a rookie getting many minutes for our team next season. Any big we get this draft should be 5th in our PF/C rotation at most. If the goal is to make the playoffs we will put solid vets in the backup 4 and 5 spots.

With that in mind, I'd swing for the fences and take the highest upside player with the understanding that we won't expect them to contribute to our success for the first couple seasons. That makes a guy like Skal and even Thon intriguing prospects. They aren't ready to play. They've shown very little in non-workout settings, but they have the physical attributes to be special if they can be developed well in our d league program.

Skal is already 20 though.

If we can get Evan Turner at 11 I'm completely fine with that. I don't know what your expectations are if you think getting a versatile role player at 11 is a bad thing.

Yea i think underwhelming is just because he was selected at 2. Also took him a while to get it going being that he was a jr

Skal is already 20 though.

That doesn't dissuade me. He was a great (the top) prospect coming out of HS 12 months ago and he didn't play well as a freshman at UK in limited minutes. Maybe he never puts it all together, but the risk-reward at #11 for where we are at in the team's development makes sense to me.

I still don't understand why no one seems to be talking about Sabonis. To me he seems to be the most ready big around. No, he is not a shot blocker, but he has a high basketball IQ, is a good fundamental rebounder, and is a decent defender. What am I missing? I am seeing a younger, somewhat better version of Jason Smith as his floor - not bad for #11 to step in as a PF, small ball C.

• Upvote 1