CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

If we fell to 11 after the lottery, would you guys rather have Demetrius Jackson (who is very likely going to be Trey Burke-ish) or Timothe Luwawu (who is very likely going to be Mickael Pietrus-ish; i.e. athletic three and D SG/SF) ?

If we fell to 11 after the lottery, would you guys rather have Demetrius Jackson (who is very likely going to be Trey Burke-ish) or Timothe Luwawu (who is very likely going to be Mickael Pietrus-ish; i.e. athletic three and D SG/SF) ?

3 and D to solidify the bench. Haven't seen either play though.

3 and D to solidify the bench. Haven't seen either play though.

Luwawu is interesting because he plays on a team with a bunch of young players in the Adriatic league. His coach decided to get a bunch of young athletic guys and essentially run a fast paced college offense with full court defense.

So he gets a ton of shots and puts up a bunch of points and can defend three positions at the international level. Those numbers may suggest he's going to be a premier scorer in the NBA but is more likely that he's closer to a bogans/pietrus role player when you account for his situation

Of the two I'd take Luwawu probably. He has a Batum type upside. I think Jackson has a higher upside than Burke because he's such a terrific athlete but he might not even be Burke level good.

Out of our 9 remaining games, we could win tonight and twice against the Bucks, but that's about it. As much as I hate to say it, losing to Milwaukee would really help our push for draft position.

Out of our 9 remaining games, we could win tonight and twice against the Bucks, but that's about it. As much as I hate to say it, losing to Milwaukee would really help our push for draft position.

I'd rather keep pushing for wins. We were 6 and 6 the 12 games prior to Vucevic going out. If we go 5 and 4 or something like that to close out the year that's definitely something we can build on.

Luwawu has a much more fun name

But I sure don't hope we fall to 11

What is the defensive outlook for Poeltl from Utah? I haven't seen him play but he has the highest PER out of the top crop of draftable players apparently. He's just 20, not like he's a 23 year old senior.

I'd rather keep pushing for wins. We were 6 and 6 the 12 games prior to Vucevic going out. If we go 5 and 4 or something like that to close out the year that's definitely something we can build on.

its all fine and dandy until Henny throws away a first rounder to move up two spots....those two spots we gained by getting two absolutely meaningless wins late in a wasted year. At this point in another dismal year of rebuilding do what youre good at....lose!

Only 12 shots. Defense doubled and triple teamed him. That won't happen in the NBA.

He still took some questionable shots and had some bad turnovers.