CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Pretty much. Ibaka has to go back to the borderline all-star he used to be, because Dipo still has that potential to be a Jimmy Butler, Andre Iguodala style two-way player. People saying Oladipo is easily replaceable understate what exactly he is at this point. He has all the makings of an elite defender at 2G, and also he can score in a variety of ways. There actually aren't many guys you can say that about.

Now, if Serge comes in and plays like Serge from three years ago, I suppose it's worth it. But Payton also has to develop into not a bottom 3 starting PG, and either Mario has to show vast improvement over an objectively bad rookie season or Fournier has to prove he can be consistent offensively as a 2. Because all of these things weigh on the decision to give up Oladipo for a player on the decline.

I'm of the opinion that Dipo had to go for Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton to shine. Henny must be seeing this too.

Add Tim legler to the list of guys saying okc won big.

Honestly, when does anyone in the media ever love any deal we do? This is nothing new.

Just for fun ...

Ibaka

Gordon

Dwight

Hezonja

Payton

Nicholson

Smith

Vuc

Fournier

Jennings

Not too bad...

Isn't everyone in the second unit free agents except for Vuc?

I'm of the opinion that Dipo had to go for Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton to shine. Henny must be seeing this too.

Dipo could play with Gordon and Hezonja. This looks at this point to be more about choosing Payton over Dipo than anything else. Which, in my opinion, is a terrible mistake.

I don't think Vuch starts for us again. To me, it will be Ibaka & AG and the 4 & 5. I could be wrong and the plan very well might be to go Ibaka and Vuch, but I think we trade vuch for a PG or SF. Another option would be using him in that Kanter role.

I personally think he gets traded.

Henny is trying to save his job. Dipo could easily become a 10 time all star(or not). The move was a big time gamble in my opinion.

Dipo could play with Gordon and Hezonja. This looks at this point to be more about choosing Payton over Dipo than anything else. Which, in my opinion, is a terrible mistake.

Dipo's game took away too many shots from others or required the ball in his hands for too long. He doesn't let the game come to him. That was my point.

Heck, it's probably that OKC just wanted Dipo and Henny wanted a tough stretch 4. Millsap was his guy remember?

Payton doesn't land Serge Ibaka. Payton after this past season lands a can of Surge. They sold high on Dipo's strong finish after all the playoff pressure was done.

• Upvote 1

Henny is trying to save his job. Dipo could easily become a 10 time all star(or not). The move was a big time gamble in my opinion.

Dipo's overrated. Love his character, but Hezonja will prove to be a better player. Fournier IMHO is already better offensively.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the Payton over Dipo thing. Couple of issue with this though. One, we have 2 guys (Fournier & Mario) who can fill in for Dipo, they're ready to go. Secondly, if you trade Payton, you aren't getting a player anywhere near the caliber of Ibaka--and then you still have a void at PG. Lastly, I think you are over estimating Dipo. He's not 19 or 20. He's 24. We've seen what kind of player he is, and it hasn't even been a very good one on an awful team. He will always be an inconsistent scorer/shooter that often plays out of control. He's the ultimate love/hate player. I don't see him taking a leap to being Jimmy Butler, in fact let's see how he does on a team when his usage isn't so high.

Side note: Oladipo already has 3 concussions in 3 years. If he gets another one, he really will have to start changing his reckless style of play. That's an actual concern.

For the record, I wish nothing but the best for Vic. I really liked his effort and what he brought to the team on and off the court. Wish him nothing but success in OKC but I feel this was the right move for our team.

• Upvote 1