CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Henny traded a decent future first for the right to move up just two spots. If anyone thinks that end of year winning streak is worth a future first theyre crazy. The team was the worst team in the league after the new year until the last ten games. You can sell it any way you want but the team is still really really bad with no signs of a single all star caliber player. Gordon and Mario are just pie in the sky at this point. We want them to be great but in reality they have a very long way to go.

The "decent future first" was a pick protected so heavily by Philly that we were never going to actually receive it

• Upvote 2

The move to trade up for Payton was a bad one, considering Lavine was just sitting there. I would rather just have Lavine. But I still think Payton was the right pick/trade. He was worth the risk at that point based purely off his physical attributes and defensive ability. If his offense never came/comes full circle, I still think the pick made sense.

I'd be happy with either of these 6 guys. Assuming someone like Brown doesn't fall.

Davis

Baldwin

Poeltl

Dejounte Murray

Elleson

Skal

Sabonis is the 1 guy I'm not a fan of so that's most likely who we will draft.

Would anyone be unhappy with trading up to get Kris Dunn? Offseason dream is to get Gobert for Vucevic.

PG: Dunn

SG: Oladipo

SF: Hezonja

PF: Gordon

C: Gobert

I don't think Dunn is a better bet than Payton + 11.

Payton is only 24 or 25 days older than Dunn depending on if 1994 was a leap year.

let me put it this way, if we're trading up to 3 or 4 it should probably be for Bender (4/5 who projects as a guy who can switch on the perimeter which is something we don't have and is becoming increasingly important), Hield (swing for the fences might be klay Thompson), Murray (combo guard who can score, defense scares me), or Brown (was the #1 pick for a while).

These guys all give us something that we don't already have.

Philly unsurprisingly picks Simmons

I'm surprised Colangelo didn't make the pick at the Draft Lottery.

The draft SHOULD start at #3, but Lakers may do Laker things.

I'm surprised Colangelo didn't make the pick at the Draft Lottery.

The draft SHOULD start at #3, but Lakers may do Laker things.

the draft will start at 3. no way ingram doesn't go 2. the question there is if the lakers trade the pick for someone like Butler or Griffin.

Rumor about Magic liking Sabonis. Doesn't excite me all that much.

You can argue that Sabonis is like the 6th best player in this draft.

But he's not going to be all that different from Vucevic.

You can argue that Sabonis is like the 6th best player in this draft.

But he's not going to be all that different from Vucevic.

Well, if Vuc is traded and we acquire a defensive center, it might not be a bad idea