Sign in to follow this  
Wilbur

Asset Appreciation

I was simply addressing the question you posed about potential cap problems when Dipo and Elfrid's deals were up. Fournier and Nicholson can also be tradable assets moving forward if re-signed by us, so although we may not have as much cap flexibility we would potentially have players of interest to other teams. Not quite sure if Fournier is part of our core at the moment however.

I think Fournier is a part of the core until he prices himself out of it. There's some value to having "really good three point shooting wing" locked in for 5 years. But I wouldn't pay him 40 million when Gary Neal is going to get 40% of that.

Now.. This is what im talking about!! Great post!

We need Fournier this year. He will walk and get payed but we will likely get someone remotely similar for half of he was asking.

We need to take advantage of him this year and if playoff time, we Are bot in contention, then you pull a JJ like move with the Bulls for Porter.

The Bulls can surely use him playoff time.

I think Fournier is a part of the core until he prices himself out of it. There's some value to having "really good three point shooting wing" locked in for 5 years. But I wouldn't pay him 40 million when Gary Neal is going to get 40% of that.

I think I wrote almost this exact post a few weeks ago, and based on the reaction, you'd have thought I had said I wanted to sign Dwight to a max deal.

It's nice to see everyone has cooled back to appropriate levels on Fournier.

I think I wrote almost this exact post a few weeks ago, and based on the reaction, you'd have thought I had said I wanted to sign Dwight to a max deal.

It's nice to see everyone has cooled back to appropriate levels on Fournier.

Yeah. To be fair Fournier is really weird. It's not typical for a player to have 12 games of great followed by 12 games of suck. You'd think they'd be more intertwined. Or a gradual slip into suck.

Yeah. To be fair Fournier is really weird. It's not typical for a player to have 12 games of great followed by 12 games of suck. You'd think they'd be more intertwined. Or a gradual slip into suck.

He's playing the same as last year.....great first month, suck the rest of the year. He's Mr. November.

Outside of Oklahoma City, I just don't see how Durant leaves unless he really gets frustrated with Westbrook. OKC's office has shown time and time again that they're great at drafting and making good deals for underutilized players. Durant - looking at the choices of Carmelo, Howard, and LeBron vs. those of Duncan, Ewing, Olajuwon, etc. - must know that it's smarter for him to stay with a good team with a good thing than to try and leave for "greener pastures."

I just don't see Durant leaving, as much as we want to believe he will.