Sign in to follow this  
jec

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics - 11/29/15

The odd thing is, both guys look better playing together these last three games

Yes, true in many cases during the last three games. The addition of Frye and/or Nicholson has been helping to spread the floor when Dipo/Payton are playing together.

Andrew Nicholson is going to be a better version of Channing Frye. Like Channing Frye v2.0, in a good way of course. He is already as consistent a 3 point shooter as Frye, his help defense is becoming better every game, and he rebounds the ball slightly better. Also, he can actually post people up. I'm sold on him taking Frye's starting spot if he keeps playing like this.

Andrew Nicholson is going to be a better version of Channing Frye. Like Channing Frye v2.0, in a good way of course. He is already as consistent a 3 point shooter as Frye, his help defense is becoming better every game, and he rebounds the ball slightly better. Also, he can actually post people up. I'm sold on him taking Frye's starting spot if he keeps playing like this.

Idk about all of this. We have a small sample size from Nicholson and Frye is one of the best 3 point shooting 7 footers ever. Also, frye has a much quicker and consistent release. I think their completely different players, but Nicholson seems much improved, which is a testiment to his work ethic.

If all balances out. Evan will eventually be the guy sliding to the bench with Dipo back starting and AG also.

The

Payton

Dipo

Harris

AG

Vooch

Combo is the line up Rob & co envisioned. These things take time.

When you have a team with so many weapons, why are so many people intent on putting all the best players in the starting lineup? The scheme that allows Dipo and Nicholson as first options off the bench is one of the reasons we are outplaying so many second units in this short 3-0 game span that we've been convincingly good.

Can we at least enjoy this ride for a few more games?

Let's remind ourselves: a few games ago both Frye and Nicholson were useless bigs with no purpose.

The best thing to come out of this after Dipo starting to play more efficiently is discovering Nicholson's usefulness.

If all balances out. Evan will eventually be the guy sliding to the bench with Dipo back starting and AG also.

The

Payton

Dipo

Harris

AG

Vooch

AG found his shot today. I agree this will happen.

I'm all for keeping Dipo on the bench. These lineups are working and are giving us a well balanced attack.

I just hope Dipo is happy with it. He should be -- we are winning.

His stats are up too.

Dipo = Manu

The

Payton

Dipo

Harris

AG

Vooch

Not going to happen this year unless these guys suddenly shoot the lights out. The reason the new lineups are working is the shooters on the floor balance it out with the young guys.

Not going to happen this year unless these guys suddenly shoot the lights out. The reason the new lineups are working is the shooters on the floor balance it out with the young guys.

Never say never but i agree yep. Balance is key. That line up i think was more of the " Vision "