Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Knicks Game thread

He already got benched. Plus his defense tonight wasn't good.

Yeah, you're probably right. We should just get rid of Payton. Trade him so we can start Dipo. I see your point though. Since we aren't going to win the title anyway, starting Dipo is more important than winning games at this time. Team chemistry only matters when you are a playoff worthy team. And since we aren't NBA Finals worthy, we should tank again this year so we can get a better pick. I think Skiles is overthinkIng it and though the starting lineup now has a 115 pts per 100 and a 92 opponent pts per 100 according to analytics, it's still better to start Dipo in the long run so he can improve as a starter. 6th men have no real value in the NBA anyway.

Props to Oladipo for embracing the role for now.

Smart move by coach now we need CONSISTENCY more than anything.

Something we have lacked. Once we get that on most nights we will win more than we lose.

Agreed :-)

Agreed completely. It's just hard when I want Vic to obliterate people!

Oh he will. I see him averaging 20+ points wrecking havoc against other teams' second units. Manu was the Spurs secret weapon as a 6th man for many years.

I love how there were maybe 2 or so people happy about the lineup changes and now that we win nearly everyone is thrilled with this lineup change.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but will be watching tonight or tomorrow morning.

As fans we I'm guessing we need to relax and just let everything play out before reacting so quickly.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, you're probably right. We should just get rid of Payton. Trade him so we can start Dipo. I see your point though. Since we aren't going to win the title anyway, starting Dipo is more important than winning games at this time. Team chemistry only matters when you are a playoff worthy team. And since we aren't NBA Finals worthy, we should tank again this year so we can get a better pick. I think Skiles is overthinkIng it and though the starting lineup now has a 115 pts per 100 and a 92 opponent pts per 100 according to analytics, it's still better to start Dipo in the long run so he can improve as a starter. 6th men have no real value in the NBA anyway.

No one is talking about trading him. I just think Dipo is our closest thing to an all star and despite his shooting woes as of late, is key for us and I believe we're better off with him starting. It also makes it easier to give Mario minutes as well.

I understand Payton might not handle such a role but if he's not deserving of that role and others are but don't get the same treatment, it could end up bad.

No one is talking about trading him. I just think Dipo is our closest thing to an all star and despite his shooting woes as of late, is key for us and I believe we're better off with him starting. It also makes it easier to give Mario minutes as well.

I understand Payton might not handle such a role but if he's not deserving of that role and others are but don't get the same treatment, it could end up bad.

True

Oladipo “It’s just hilarious, people’s point of views, what people think about you,” he said. “It’s just amazing. I grew up a lot the last 24 hours as a man and as a basketball player. So I know what I need to do now.”

Watching the interview he seems pissed.

A 100% focused and pissed Dipo could be exactly what we NEED & WANT!

Oladipo “It’s just hilarious, people’s point of views, what people think about you,” he said. “It’s just amazing. I grew up a lot the last 24 hours as a man and as a basketball player. So I know what I need to do now.”

Watching the interview he seems pissed.

A 100% focused and pissed Dipo could be exactly what we NEED & WANT!

Yeah I think he was pissed from getting all the questions as if him not starting is a demotion when it's not really.