Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Gamethread: MIN @ ORL

The officiating wasn't that bad actually.

I'll admit. I had given up on the team in the first quarter. That's the sloppiest ball we've ever played. the Magic looked totally unprepared in the first half and looked like they were going to get blown out.

Skiles...........sitting Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja, Frye, Napier for the rest of the game.....really sent a message. You better be prepared to play. Oladipo wasn't ready.

The fact that we had 25 more attempts than them......and..somehow...20 offensive rebounds while shooting 37% on the game....just makes my head itch. I believe we won based on getting those second chances.

Fournier and Elfrid. Game players. Jason Smith and Nicholson were game changers. Tobias....neutral.

We won a game we were suppose to win. However, minny had a more respectable record and reputation that I perceived.

I just hated the out of bounds call on Payton, then when they finally reviewed it they barely even looked at it.

Scott Skiles on benching players: "I'm not trying to 'send messages.' I get a fairly sizeable check every two weeks to win games."

• Upvote 1

We're right back at 50%

Think about our records from the previous 3 seasons.

Game 12. year 14-15: 5-7 record

game 12. year 13-14: 4-8

game 12 year 12-13 5-7

I'll take it.

It's illogical. You want to know why our guys can't shoot late in games it's because they play crazy minutes without rest.

Sit them the last 2 minutes of the third through the first two minutes of the fourth. That ends up being something like 12 minutes in real time.

Wiggins is averaging 34 minutes a game and logged serious minutes tonight after a game last night.

Im not buying it. If anyone knows what a player can handle, it is Skiles.

It's illogical. You want to know why our guys can't shoot late in games it's because they play crazy minutes without rest.

Fournier? He hit some big shots...Think that would be a problem for him too right?

Our guys can't shoot because they aren't shooters.

Scott Skiles added that Nik Vucevic looked "low-energy" and that's a reason he got pulled in the second half.

Towns dominated him. Plain and simple. It was not about energy. it was about will.

Fournier? He hit some big shots...Think that would be a problem for him too right?

Our guys can't shoot because they aren't shooters.

I agree. We can't make excuses for our guys over and over. We just don't have the stars in the making like Minny does. Just the reality. We have a ton of depth and will be able to make some moves, but anyone who watched that game tonight and thinks one of our guys is going to be as good as Towns or Wiggins is insane.

It's crazy how close the top 13 teams in the East are in record this year. The 1 seed is 8-3 and the 13 seed is 5-6. The west actually has a .500 team in the 8 seeed. The East has 4 teams .500 or over out of the playoffs. It is still early, but it looks like the East could be better than the west this season overall.