Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: UTAH JAZZ @ ORLANDO MAGIC

We simply should have had a bigger lead at that time I last posted and we missed some easy ones. You and every Magic fan knows we blow leads and that in the NBA 12-points is not a large lead.

Fortunately we came out and shot well in the 3rd quarter. We cleaned up our mistakes to put the game out of reach. Shabazz did not play well at all and our bench tried to give the game back, but the starters plus Gordon played good defense to put the game on ice.

Overall happy with the win that put us at .500 which is very exciting, just keep it up and we may realize our goal. Finally saw Tobias and Gordon together which was nice to see. Hezonja had a few really nice plays and I can't wait until he starts hitting the shots he is getting at a good rate.

Good job playing without Victor, but hope he gets well sooner than later. We will need his defense at points during this early season. Also get well Watson because you're our only decent backup PG (except the few games Shabazz gets hot).

If other fans think this was a great game then they must not expect much of our team. A win is a win and it's great getting to .500 after the last few years mess. But, in order to get where we want we still have to keep working and play better than tonight. The Jazz played horribly and couldn't stop fouling for anything. Free throws were great but we only earned about half of them (after realizing the Jazz give up 30 free throws a game, I am less thrilled with the number we had). We are certainly improved defensively, but I feel we are just scratching the surface. I complain because we're better than this game even though we won and I don't feel that we would have beat a legitimate playoff team tonight. The Jazz with Gobert are much better, just like when Dwight was roaming the paint here, and since he didn't play that made it much easier.

However it was nice to lead from start to finish and I still enjoy all Magic victories. Go Magic!

• Upvote 1

Oladipo has been good defensively this year but Evan is clearly the better fit to play the 2 next to Elfrid since he can shoot, draw fouls and finish at the rim.

Man...Here comes the Vic haters again. Such bad memories. Can't wait for him to get on a roll like he did after the all star game.

• Upvote 1