Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I'm not sure why it's an insult to say a guy won't be elite.

And Isiah Thomas isn't elite either so I'm not sure why we're including him.

Averaging 22 and 7 on the 3rd best team in the East. If EP ever averaged 22 and 7 you, me and every other poster on the here would be calling him an elite PG.

• Upvote 1

He's the best player by a significantly wide margin on a playoff team with homecourt advantange.

He's elite. Hell, he's much better than someone like John Wall.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Payton will ever be elite either but I do believe he can be a 16 pt/10 asst guy. He's been shooting the ball a lot better lately but I see Hezonja being our main scorer in two years anyway. I do agree with bringing in a player like Conley because he's battle tested and we need to make the playoffs next year. I think Henny will definitely be on the hot seat next season especially if we don't make the playoffs next season.

He's the best player by a significantly wide margin on a playoff team with homecourt advantange.

Better than John Wall? Opinion or stats? This year or career?

nah, Parsons doesn't make sense.

The correct overpayment backup plan is Derozan.

I'd love Derozan on this team. If Henny walked away with Derozan and Parsons in free agency I'd be more than happy

Isiah Thomas or John Wall? Hahahaha Wall 10 out of 10 times anyday.

The Warriors win last night at home vs the Thunder tied the most winning streak at home in NBA history. Do you know who they play next at home? Cough cough... Haha Our Orlando Magic. Would be absolutely great to break that streak and win @ the Oracle Arena.

Kyle Lowry in his second year averaged 9.6 pts and 3.6 assists.

Mike Conley in his second year averaged 10.9 pts and 4.3 assists.

Isaiah Thomas in his second year averaged 13.9 pts and 4.0 assists.

Elfrid Payton in his second year is averaging 10.7 pts and 6.0 assists.

I don't see as much superstar potential in Elfrid as I used to because he just has too much of a laid back personality, but he's going to be better than a fringe starter in the NBA. He will at least be a solid starting point guard.

Thanks for the information. However, Payton is nothing close to any of those players. I don't like Thomas game at all. In fact, I like Elfrid more than Thomas.

I love Conley and Lowry. This two players are very offensive minded players with high IQ. So far, I am not seeing anything like this in Payton. I am still hoping Elfrid improves his offensive game and IQ basketball game which is something he can work in the offseason. Yes, He is still young but he has only one more season left to show his skills. So far, he is still is a good back up PG in this league. We need for him to play better defense.

We have 2 keepers on this team, Mario & AG. All the other spots i'd be good with an upgrade via Free agency. I'll take crap for it on here, but Payton will never be a premier NBA PG, I'd be happy with signing a PG this year or next year. Dipo is up and down and I don't think that ever changes with him. Vuch is elite on one end, and a liability on the other. AG & Mario are the only 2 players on this team that I can say with complete confidence will be successful NBA starters for years to come.

I will give you a plus one here as I agree on mostly everything but VUC has been wonderful offensively and has improved some in the defensive end this season. He can still work on that in the offseason and I am sure he can get better for next year. I dont see any free agent better than him at the moment. Horford can play next to him and neither Howard or whiteside are much much better than him in the defensive end. Whiteside is a good shot blocker but terrible team defender.

Again, VUC contract is great and for that reason he is also a keeper.

I look this as position keeper rather than players. Our position at SG, SF/PF and Center are keepers. This are Mario, Gordon and VuC. We need to improve our PG position and likely get another PF or SF player in the offseason. Gordon versatilily at both SF and PF makes him a keeper. The same goes to Mario at SG and SF. Again, I dont see any other better free agent player at Center better than VUC so that makes him a keeper in that position.

Hence, in my opinion, We have 3 keepers on their relative position . Mario, AG, VUC and maybe, just maybe, a 4th in Dipo at SG.

Now if we can get a superstar via trade for VUC and or DIPO, I will help them pack myself. It is all relative on what we can get via trade.

Averaging 22 and 7 on the 3rd best team in the East. If EP ever averaged 22 and 7 you, me and every other poster on the here would be calling him an elite PG.

Nope

Ask Boston fans about Thomas. They like his scoring but he falls flat too often