Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Why? Why not just admit it was a bad trade for us and move on

Because teams do dumb things trying to go multiple directions. Gotta see it through

I still think going after two max players is a fool's errand, especially given who is available. The plan should be to sign one, trade for the other (not necessarily in that order), and try to maximize this year's pick

I would like to raid atl and get horford and teague for less than max contracts. Resign fornier, then our pick isnt pressed into playing right away

I would like to raid atl and get horford and teague for less than max contracts. Resign fornier, then our pick isnt pressed into playing right away

Teague isn't a free agent

Fournier 6th man. occasional oladipo-derozan-fournier crunchtime lineups.

My friend who is a season ticket holder had lunch meeting with several Magic execs. Other season ticket holders were there. Management wasn't naming names, but they revealed how much they really wanted Millsap last summer. He fills a lot of needs the team needs, says Henny. With this, my friend believes we will go after Al Horford. With Vuc gone, I now appreciate that we will be better with a player like Horford in the middle. IF Dwight was mature, he'd be the PERFECT player.

We'd need to trade for Teague and that might mean saying goodbye to that first round pick, possibly even Fournier as well if they wanted to go down that route of getting assets in return for a departing player. But I like the idea of adding Teague and Horford to this team and I'd like a line up with them in it. However, their shortfalls would still be their shortfalls here in Orlando, because Atlanta wouldn't consider letting them go or blowing it up if they believed they could help them to a championship.

I still think going after two max players is a fool's errand, especially given who is available. The plan should be to sign one, trade for the other (not necessarily in that order), and try to maximize this year's pick

Thinking 2 max players are wanting to come to Orlando is probably equally as foolish.

Also I would give up our first rounder for Teague. Don't think were getting a better PG at 10 and also don't feel like waiting 3 more years to find out.

I'm of the belief we go after one big name in the off season and add the second max player via trade or free agency at some point before the start of the 17-18 season.

Whatever player we land this off season will need to push us into 5-7 range in the playoffs.

We then push for one of the bigger names after we show we now have talent and can make the playoffs.

I'm of the belief we go after one big name in the off season and add the second max player via trade or free agency at some point before the start of the 17-18 season.

Whatever player we land this off season will need to push us into 5-7 range in the playoffs.

We then push for one of the bigger names after we show we now have talent and can make the playoffs.

I like the strategy, just don't know if 1 player (minus Durant) is enough to put us in the 5-7 range. If you look at the top 7 in the East, they're not getting any worse, most of them will be improving too.

Even with normal player development and 1 new guy, I just don't see it. Still to many flaws in this roster. Maybe Derozan would be enough to get us in that 5-7 range, but I just really don't know at this point. I've been the biggest "bring Derozan" here guy, but I think we really need a PG upgrade more than anything. I like Conley a lot, but he's going to have better teams to go to, don't think he ever comes here. So unless we can pull off a trade sooner than 2017-2018, I just don't see it.

Just looking at the Eastern Conference Standings, the worse playoff team is 3 games over .500. That's a lot of improvement over last year. So let's just say the 8th seed stays the way it is and finish 3 games above .500, that would be 43-39. So next year, just to potentially make the playoffs as an 8 seed, your looking at needing most likely 10-14 game improvement over what we did or are doing this year.

Not sure any 1 free agent makes us that much better next year (again, minus Durant). I'm not trying to be Mr.Negative Nancy, just trying to look at it realistically.

I'd be open to trading Vucevic for Cousins. Obviously other bits and bobs involved of course.

This is obvious, no one in Orlando would say no to that. We would have to give up much much more to get that deal done though. The other bits and bobs involved would start with AG or Mario and who knows what else.

If we come out of fa with Horford as our big acquisition, I'm gonna vomit.

Agree 100%. Let me know where your at and we can vomit together.

We are getting Durant 1000%

No, no we aren't. I can't think of any realistic reason why Durant would in a million years come to Orlando because he can't win in OKC. Makes zero sense. There are better places for him in the East that make more sense on any and every level. I'd give us a 0.5% chance of signing Durant.