Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

So according to some random stuff I found about strength of schedule we have an easier run in than Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami and Detroit.

We need to beat all of them teams especially. One game at a time.

Ok. Jennings has a cap hold of 12.5 million and Fournier has a cap hold of 5.7 million.

We have something like 34.5 million in salary committed in contracts assuming we waive Ilyasova and find a new home for Shabazz.

So assuming a salary cap of 92 million we'll have 57.5 million if we renounce everyone. Including Fournier and Jennings. We'd have Vucevic, Oladipo, Watson, Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton on the roster.

A max contract for horford would be 32.2 million.

A max contract for Durant would be 27.5 million.

Thus we would need to move someone like Watson and not take on a first round draft pick to sign horford and Durant unless they sign slightly reduced deals. We could sign Durant and keep the rights of Fournier and Jennings and still have around 13 million remaining for another free agent.

The only way we could resign Fournier and Jennings and add horford and Durant to max deals would be if we moved Vucevic and Watson and convince Jennings to sign a deal at less than his cap hold. Then we would sign Jennings first (lowering his cap number).

Ok. I was wrong. Horford was in the same draft as Durant so he's at 27.5 too. The only thing that changes I'd we could sign both without trading Watson but not keep Fournier or Jennings

I don't think Horford is worth a max contract. Durant yes. Horford no. I'd rather get Dwight at half the max.

Horford is worth the max if it helps bring Durant

Only if Durant comes with him.

Vuc presently is making some nice strides. Talk about replacing imo is premature.

Agree. Or if it helps land another stud. I believe how we finish out the year will determine a lot for specifically Vooch and Payton.

Agree. Or if it helps land another stud. I believe how we finish out the year will determine a lot for specifically Vooch and Payton.

Really everybody except for Gordon and Mario. If Oladipo relapses the opinion changes on him. If Fournier drops off then same for him.

Seems like the majority of everyone on here really only would be pumped about getting Horford if it meant getting Durant too, I'm in the same boat. It's not like I would be mad if we just signed Horford and kept Fournier/Jennings or another PG, but I wouldn't be ecstatic. I guess it depends on how well you think Vuch/Horford can play together.

And as far as getting back in the playoff conversation, it's 1 game at a time. I wouldn't even look past the next game on the schedule. Maybe we rip off 20 strait wins here :shard:

If we win tonight, I will start believing it's possible.

Really everybody except for Gordon and Mario. If Oladipo relapses the opinion changes on him. If Fournier drops off then same for him.

I'd give Dipo at least until next years deadline. I'm hoping he's advised to get physically stronger in the off season and continue working on his shot.

Mario isn't quite ready to start. Plus I think the addition of Jennings will be good for Dipo.