Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I agree with pretty much all of this column by Bianchi in the Orlando Sentinel. Unfortunately, you need a subscription to access:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-philadelphia-76ers-mike-bianchi-0121-20160120-column.html

Careful with Bianchi. He isn't very intelligent with basketball in general.

What did he say?

Careful with Bianchi. He isn't very intelligent with basketball in general.

What did he say?

An excerpt, I hope I'm allowed to post this, if not moderator please take it down:

"For three straight seasons, the Sixers have plainly and publicly tried to lose. Then again, the Sixers have just been more blatant about it than other teams – like, for instance, the Magic during the early years of their rebuild.

Granted, it all sounds good when some young, sharp, analytical NBA general manager starts talking about acquiring assets, accumulating draft picks, obtaining cap flexibility, establishing a culture and building a young core of players who will grow up together and become champions.

Fans of Orlando, Philly and other tanking teams are always told to “trust the process” when really there are no analytics that say the tanking process actually wins championships. Here’s all you need to know: Defending champion Golden State didn’t tank to get league MVP Steph Curry; they drafted him No. 7 after all the tankers passed on him.

Sadly, fans have been brainwashed into accepting this misguided notion that the worse their team is today, the better it will be tomorrow. "

An excerpt, I hope I'm allowed to post this, if not moderator please take it down:

"For three straight seasons, the Sixers have plainly and publicly tried to lose. Then again, the Sixers have just been more blatant about it than other teams – like, for instance, the Magic during the early years of their rebuild.

Granted, it all sounds good when some young, sharp, analytical NBA general manager starts talking about acquiring assets, accumulating draft picks, obtaining cap flexibility, establishing a culture and building a young core of players who will grow up together and become champions.

Fans of Orlando, Philly and other tanking teams are always told to “trust the process” when really there are no analytics that say the tanking process actually wins championships. Here’s all you need to know: Defending champion Golden State didn’t tank to get league MVP Steph Curry; they drafted him No. 7 after all the tankers passed on him.

Sadly, fans have been brainwashed into accepting this misguided notion that the worse their team is today, the better it will be tomorrow. "

No often (if ever) I agree with that fool, but I do here. Although, at the same time, not every team can get the worlds best player at no7. That's kind of a luck thing. For all we know the Warriors might have wanted Flynn or Evans, but they were gone.

Eh, bianchi is dumb. Using one instance of a golden state or Detroit ignores all the other instances off drafting superstars with the first or second pick.

The problem is you can't blanket tank for several years like Philly is doing. You have to have a concrete plan or else you're wasting players career and fans patience.

I have no issue with what we did. Two years of transitioning older players and bad contracts off of the roster while obtaining young players. Two years of handing the young players the keys to the franchise. We're now in a better place than we would have been if we traded for Bynum or Lopez.

And if these players don't work we have significant freedom to pivot. That's not something Brooklyn or Milwaukee or Phoenix has.

Eh, bianchi is dumb. Using one instance of a golden state or Detroit ignores all the other instances off drafting superstars with the first or second pick.

The problem is you can't blanket tank for several years like Philly is doing. You have to have a concrete plan or else you're wasting players career and fans patience.

I have no issue with what we did. Two years of transitioning older players and bad contracts off of the roster while obtaining young players. Two years of handing the young players the keys to the franchise. We're now in a better place than we would have been if we traded for Bynum or Lopez.

And if these players don't work we have significant freedom to pivot. That's not something Brooklyn or Milwaukee or Phoenix has.

I don't think Bianchi is dumb. He's just a wannabe sports "personality" like Skip Bayless or Michael Wilbon. So he caters to the casual fan.

Agreed. It's like the flu virus in 2010. Otis panicked. Henny won't. Injuries to Payton, Dipo, and jet lag has resulted in an aberrantly negative January.

Frye, Fournier, and Vuc are soft and at least 2/3 from this bunch is not LONGTERM. If Vuc stays, we pair him with Gordon and Dedmon whenever he is on.

Jet lag? Lol

That trip to the UK really hurt our team. Due to youth, there's probably a higher probability that the guys partied more than the Toronto team. Our team is also composed of more GQ type players, which probably resulted in our team being less prepared due to increased temptation to party, go on dates, etc. So the GQ factor is more important than most will accept at this time, but if we trade two GQ pieces for 2 Dedmon type or less GQ'ish type players, we will improve on the fear factor vs. opposing teams. It will give us a "harder" look which could help refs call more fouls on our behalf, no?

That trip to the UK really hurt our team. Due to youth, there's probably a higher probability that the guys partied more than the Toronto team. Our team is also composed of more GQ type players, which probably resulted in our team being less prepared due to increased temptation to party, go on dates, etc. So the GQ factor is more important than most will accept at this time, but if we trade two GQ pieces for 2 Dedmon type or less GQ'ish type players, we will improve on the fear factor vs. opposing teams. It will give us a "harder" look which could help refs call more fouls on our behalf, no?

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I think you should apologize for calling dedmon ugly.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I think you should apologize for calling dedmon ugly.

He's not ugly. Just more manly and less pretty boy. We need more of that tough look so the refs take us more seriously.