Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

yup 70.4 offensive rating with the first one.

second one is offense too. apparently we have problems with three point shooting and points off of turnovers. most of our offense is in the paint. weird.

That is weird. I would have thought that lineup would be mostly mid range shots. I guess shooters open the lanes. Turnovers is surprising too, since the only one who dribbles in that lineup is Payton. Everyone else is catch and shoot, drive, or give and go. I guess no real runners for fast break defense is more the issue than number of turnovers.

I haven't really watched the team this season since I'm not local anymore. Only caught the beginning on league pass before most the minutes dispersions were settled.

The "leaders" of our team are Payton, Dipo and Harris... though Vooch may be the most important

Harris is such a damn interesting player. I dont think he's ever going to jump to that level that some fans were hoping. but the dude is good for 10 points every night. He's not one of those guys that gets 22 one night and 6 the next. That consistency is something you need on good teams.

Interesting Statistic:

"Channing Frye and Jason Smith are far and away the team leaders in net rating this season, meaning Orlando consistently outscores opponents with them on the floor. Neither are averaging particularly impressive figures, but Smith's plus-16.4 and Frye's plus-12.7 show their worth in stabilizing the adolescent core. Friday wasn't the best example, with Utah's bench making them pay, but there's no doubt that much of the Magic's success stems from their ability to anchor a trio or quartet of young players oozing talent with a long-time, glue-guy veteran who just knows how to make it all work."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/12/4/9847364/nba-scores-2015-orlando-magic-win-streak-scott-skiles

Harris is such a damn interesting player. I dont think he's ever going to jump to that level that some fans were hoping. but the dude is good for 10 points every night. He's not one of those guys that gets 22 one night and 6 the next. That consistency is something you need on good teams.

It's pretty weird he has been so quietly consistent this entire year. A lot of his shots come from near the basket or in transition so there havent been many "splash" plays to have the thought "wow Harris is balling". I cant figure out who or what he is but I really like what he has done this year. The only recent team with a player like him I can think of is Det and he would be Tayshaun Prince.

If you look at his last three years, he's actually good for 14 and 7 pretty much every night. Those numbers have been shockingly steady. Given that he's still only 23 years old, I still think the sky is the limit for him. Players peak at 27 or 28, right? And one has to wonder what good coaching will do for him, which he's been lacking, and he seems very dedicated. Either way, I'm happy if he simply stays steady and continues to grow on the defensive end. Worst case scenario, he's a third banana on a good team.

If you look at his last three years, he's actually good for 14 and 7 pretty much every night. Those numbers have been shockingly steady. Given that he's still only 23 years old, I still think the sky is the limit for him. Players peak at 27 or 28, right? And one has to wonder what good coaching will do for him, which he's been lacking, and he seems very dedicated. Either way, I'm happy if he simply stays steady and continues to grow on the defensive end. Worst case scenario, he's a third banana on a good team.

eh, i dont think you can say he's good for 14 and 7 when he had less than 7 rebounds 39 out of 68 games last year.

I'll give you 13 and 5 though.

On a team where it's a coin flip as to what Payton, Oladipo, and Vucevic you're going to get every night Harris is very important. He's doing for the starting lineup what I expected Watson to do for the bench. Rarely fantastic and often anonymous but solid.

His CONSISTENCY would allow him to score more BUT that's not how THIS team is built. Lamarcus Aldridge can do more, we know this, but he is a 14/7 guy right now with the Spurs BECAUSE the Spurs are built to have multiple weapons. Our Magic team is showing the world now what Henny had planned all along, yes?

Call me a homer, but I LOVE Harris. He's reliable. He's a smart player. His defense has skyrocketed this year. He is 23 years old!!! Pippen was only in his second year at 23.

Currently -- Harris > Payton > Dipo that order (without counting Gordon and Hezonja) who I believe have the best shot in our starting lineup (yes I consider Dipo "starting" material) to be go-to guy material. I didn't count Vuc because currently he already is our go-to. Fournier/Frye/Nicholson are glue guys.

Yes, Payton CAN in time be go-to in the way Magic J was a go-to guy. I think his shot and driving layup will continue to improve. His talent level is that good because he achieved this success coming from a small college market. Payton is really special. Please don't give up on him.

His CONSISTENCY would allow him to score more BUT that's not how THIS team is built. Lamarcus Aldridge can do more, we know this, but he is a 14/7 guy right now with the Spurs BECAUSE the Spurs are built to have multiple weapons. Our Magic team is showing the world now what Henny had planned all along, yes?

Call me a homer, but I LOVE Harris. He's reliable. He's a smart player. His defense has skyrocketed this year. He is 23 years old!!! Pippen was only in his second year at 23.

Currently -- Harris > Payton > Dipo that order (without counting Gordon and Hezonja) who I believe have the best shot in our starting lineup (yes I consider Dipo "starting" material) to be go-to guy material. I didn't count Vuc because currently he already is our go-to. Fournier/Frye/Nicholson are glue guys.

Yes, Payton CAN in time be go-to in the way Magic J was a go-to guy . I think his shot and driving layup will continue to improve. His talent level is that good because he achieved this success coming from a small college market. Payton is really special. Please don't give up on him.

Your comps are truly mind boggling

• Upvote 1

Ok, more like Gary Payton then. Happy ??? ;-) C'mon the 20 year old is very good! He'll be better than Rondo.

Yes, GP is much more possible than arguably the greatest PG of all time.