Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

Man this is a power overreaction. Impressive..lol.

Skiles is installing an offense that works in the modern NBA. The reality is that if we built a system around Vic and Elf we would be playing midrange basketball 1990's style.

These players have the talent to adjust and show they can fit a scheme like all the great players do. Look at the PFs like Milsapp and Green who were told they needed to shoot 3s now. That was not a part of their game but they made it happen because they are great players.

There is no reason to assume that Elfrid can not fit in this offense just yet. Tony Parker was not a great shooter when he came into the league and he was mainly a pick and roll guy.

Reality is that it is easier to shoot off catch than off the dribble. So it only benefits our guys to have these looks. It also is a much more efficient way to play offense, which I already brought up a few pages back.

Over reaction, possibly. lol. I hope, like you that Elf will be able to become a better shooter. Because that is what he is going to have to do, to be effective in this new offense. Not being able to play much this preseason is not helping.

Over reaction, possibly. lol. I hope, like you that Elf will be able to become a better shooter. Because that is what he is going to have to do, to be effective in this new offense. Not being able to play much this preseason is not helping.

Elf needs to be a better shooter to become effective in any offense. It can be done.

Coach said he's not sure yet if Mario will be part of the rotation early on in the regular season lol... I really hope he's trying to scare Mario into following the coaches orders because he's clearly one of our best all around players already.

Coach said he's not sure yet if Mario will be part of the rotation early on in the regular season lol... I really hope he's trying to scare Mario into following the coaches orders because he's clearly one of our best all around players already.

He's really not. (One of our best players)

He can not be serious LOL

He's really not. (One of our best players)

No but to be out of the rotation would be silly... But yes if he plays bad then fair enough

No but to be out of the rotation would be silly... But yes if he plays bad then fair enough

Minutes are going to be hard to come by considering we have two good shooting guards and two good small forwards ahead of Hezonja. Playing Oladipo at point would free up some minutes at the two but Watson and Napier have both earned minutes and I doubt both are out of the rotation.

Yeah, I'm just not sure who's minutes Hezonja would take at this point. He has been outplayed by Harris, Oladipo and Fournier, and I'm not sure where his minutes are coming from.

The only think I can think of is if Harris and Gordon take like 40 minutes of the power forward slot. that means they would need 20 minutes minimum from the small forward slot which leaves 28 minutes of sf and 16 minutes of sg to divide between Fournier and Hezonja.

That gives Hezonja, what, 18mpg at the most?