Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

I'd argue Klay Thompson is a more athletic peja

Slightly but not much, but I think Peja was more of a clutch player.

As for being a 2 guard or a 3, in todays NBA, it really doesn't matter. In most cases they are interchangeable, with switching defenses.

Slightly but not much, but I think Peja was more of a clutch player.

As for being a 2 guard or a 3, in todays NBA, it really doesn't matter. In most cases they are interchangeable, with switching defenses.

In most cases, but I don't think Hezonja can get low enough to defend combo guards.

are we sure that Hezonja is even a shooting guard? Dude might be as tall as 6'9. Might not be able to defend the small guys out there.

He can play the 3 but I feel like he plays a natural SG's game and has the lateral speed to defend 2s. He did it against Miami and Gordon played Sf. It resulted in a steal and a breakaway dunk at one point.

I think Hezonja at the 2 is a one of those mismatches that other teams really won't look forward to dealing with.

Found this from a post on RealGM(article: http://www.orlandose...015-column.html) :

"When he told me he was an icon, guess what three names he used [to compare himself to]?" Vander Weide said. "Michael Jordan. Muhammad Ali. Nelson Mandela."

Let's pause for a sec while we all do a faceplant.

"Are you kidding me?'" Vander Weide said.

"We've been to the Finals once and you're a great athlete, and you're an icon like these three? I knew it was over. I knew there was no chance of keeping him."

Interesting but we're past this. Way.........way...past this.

John Denton @JohnDenton555

.@OrlandoMagic coach SSkiles wants offense to operate w/ more passing&cutting than dribbling. Coach said Vic/Elfrid had biggest adjustments.

No surprise there. Interested in how Elf is used in this offense.

John Denton @JohnDenton555

.@OrlandoMagic coach SSkiles wants offense to operate w/ more passing&cutting than dribbling. Coach said Vic/Elfrid had biggest adjustments.

No surprise there. Interested in how Elf is used in this offense.

This hinders Elf slightly because right now he just isn't a threat when the ball isn't in his hands.

I was thinking along the same lines.. there is actual hope! And not blind hope with no logic behind it, either!

We'll see. Since the team isn't very different in terms of personnel than last year, much depends upon how much of a difference the coaching change will make. And that's hard to know.

I think the official Vegas line is in the low 30's for wins if I recall correctly.

We'll see. Since the team isn't very different in terms of personnel than last year, much depends upon how much of a difference the coaching change will make. And that's hard to know.

I think the official Vegas line is in the low 30's for wins if I recall correctly.

Staying-Positive-in-the-Midst-of-Negativity.png

This hinders Elf slightly because right now he just isn't a threat when the ball isn't in his hands.

I think more than slightly. Elf is great in pick and roll. He is also good at creating shots for others and get to the rim off the dribble. This offense does not catered to his strengths or Victor's. Unless we see more pick and roll action or pick and pop action, I see Elf's assist total going down. I also see Victor's numbers dropping in this style of offense.

The good news, it seem like our turnovers have dropped in this offense and player's like frye seem improved.

I personally like quick passing offenses like the spurs. I do think we will need both styles depending on in game personal.