Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Moe Harkless Appreciation Thread

Just one of those guys that never seemed to put it together. He definitely has the physical traits to make a solid player and I hope he can get it going in Portland

In that case he would have to be in a system that gets him open. We failed at that given our 3rd 20 win season.

But hey if this makes you feel better about another wrong move from Henny. What did we net.... nothing. Awesome.

I'm confused. What do you think we should have gotten for him?

I agree that Vaughn didn't really do this guy any favors, but if you think it's someone else's fault that he can't shoot or dribble, idk what to tell you

I wish him well, but when the Dwight Howard trade went down, I thought he would be a better chip than Vuc. He certainly proved me wrong.

Gotta love that quality Jacque Vaughn player development

I mean it's really not that.

I blame it more on Harris, Gordon, and, to some extent, Fournier.

Harkless played that game (and the last half of that season) with Harris and dequan Jones as his only competition for playing time. He was able to get 30-40 mpg pretty regularly.

He started sucking when he lost a defined role. But really, who did you want him to take minutes from?

The thing is we are not done trading, we will trade our other first round draft pick for some garbage as well.

Which would mean that our drafting that year was a complete waist.

Great Job Henny.

The thing is we are not done trading, we will trade our other first round draft pick for some garbage as well.

Great Job Henny.

None of this makes any sense, just so you know.

Also the word is Waste.

I can't believe people are having this reaction for what probably is our 5th string small forward. You could even make an argument that playing Oladipo at small forward in a funky Watson-Payton-Oladipo frontline is preferable to playing harkless 8 minutes per game this year.

I can't believe people are having this reaction for what probably is our 5th string small forward. You could even make an argument that playing Oladipo at small forward in a funky Watson-Payton-Oladipo frontline is preferable to playing harkless 8 minutes per game this year.

This. Especially with the goal this year to make a significant jump in wins. Harkless playing heavy minutes would equate to less wins. It always hurts to see a young prospect go, but lets not act like we just traded away something that we didn't. Moe is currently a below average wing with some potential. Unfortunately, his potential would never be fulfilled on this team, so we did right by him and let him go somewhere where maybe he can find that potential.

Great Job Henny.

I've notcied you (like many whiners here) refuse to answer questions about your stances or give specific alternatives. Instead you just complain. Junkie is obviously a troll. I assume you are the same.

(Edit: don't call people names. Attack ideas, not people)