LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

Off-the-court accounts of Hezonja are hard to come by. People who've worked with him describe him as a "basket-holic" who avoids clubbing, parties or social events.

"He is married to basketball. He was the youngest player ever to play in the top division in Croatia at age 13. His character is unbelievable. Mario approached everything in life like a challenge," Kunce said.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2502765-meet-nba-draft-prospect-mario-hezonja-europes-kobe-bryant-wannabe?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

I think my problem with Mario is that he's a selfish player. Sure, he's married to basketball, but I question his drive when things go bad (like they were in Europe) or he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants or playing against NBA talent is tougher. Remember, he sees himself as someone who is able to beat Kobe one-on-one. There are PLENTY of guys who have an inflated ego like this but very, very few who have near the game or independent work-ethic to back it up.

Mario doesn't strike me as the guy who does all the little things to help his team. Mario is in it for Mario.

Winslow and Porz however - I think both of them are company / team players.

What I have always liked about Mario is he could be our go to scorer. The guy who makes big shots when we need them. We don't have that guy right now. Victor tried to be him but I remember him airballing last second shots. Mario looks like a guy who would drain them.

What I have always liked about Mario is he could be our go to scorer. The guy who makes big shots when we need them. We don't have that guy right now. Victor tried to be him but I remember him airballing last second shots. Mario looks like a guy who would drain them.

Thats why i want him too. Wr need a true scoring threat, a go to guy. We dont hqve anyone like this.

Hah, I wish. I think Rob has been scouting this guy for years now. But it feels awesome to have a consensus pick we all want and to get him. Its a great day for fans of this team.