LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

Personally,

I think we are crazy not to get Mario Hezonja with the 5th pick. I just want to publicly state my position. Not only do I feel he fits what we need, but he is just as talented as anyone in the draft. Am I crazy? His big negative is attitude. Frankly, I think we need a little attitude. So I don't know if this is a negative or strength. (lol) Some may feel he is a gunner. All I can say is thank God. We need someone that can shoot and will shoot. I am tired of seeing Frye pass up shots when he is only, and I mean only, on the court to shoot. I think he is an alpha dog (which explains a lot). He is what people wanted Ben McLemore to be. Plus, he can play next to victor and payton (drooling).

Don't over think it Henni

Aggressive Offensively (we have a pass first pg)

Deep 3 pt shooter

6"8 height

6"10 wing span

SG/SF

Athletic (fast and above the rim)

Can defend

Fits a need

Worst Case JR Smith

Best Case Klay Thompson / Joe Johnson

Vuch / Frye

Gordon (We already have our future stretch 4?) / Dedmon

Mario / (Harris?)

Victor / Evan / Marble

Payton

Give me MAD MARIO (I said it first lol)

Who you got?

Mario Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KxtMk59NVg

• Upvote 1

I've lost almost all interest in Stanley Johnson, and Turner would be a terrible pick at 5.

Despite being a power-wing, Johnson was terrible at the rim and seems to have tunnel vision. Turner was eaten alive vs Kentucky and other elite front courts. My list is..

-Hezonja

-Winslow (we would be a nightmare switching screens)

-Porzingis

-Cauley-Stein

Winslow or Hezonja or bust at this point

THIS!!!!

Please. Just one of those 2. No need to over think it. Both fit well for us even though they both bring something different to the table. Just please take one of these guys. No surprises, no letdowns, just take one.

Well, it would be a let down if we picked the bust and the other became a superstar. :svgsad:/>

I see both as having good NBA careers. Mario with the higher ceiling but Winslow will be an elite defender and great in the transition with hopes of building on his 41% from deep in college.

Porzingas could just as easily be the guy as Winslow or Henzonja. In fact, I'd probably place him ahead of Winslow at this point. Winslow sort of doubles what the team already has, and unless the team sees some serious star potential in him, I don't see them picking him. He isn't a position of need and he isn't good enough at any one thing to justify taking him over Porzingas or Henzonja at this point.

I think Henzonja has the chance to be the better player, but Porzingas can become the more vital one. He's still only 19, can shoot, and he runs the floor well. He's athletic enough to become a good help defender, and young enough to fill out and put on muscle. I mean, think KG, Durant, Steph... all thin framed players that turned out great. Since he fills the bigger need, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Magic pick him. Henzonja is a great player, but I wonder about how serious he is about becoming a star. If he has the work ethic and drive, he can be the best player in the draft.

I'm honestly fine with either Euro, as I see potential in both of them. I also see bust potential in both. But I think the team needs to take a risk at a great player, and I don't think Winslow is it.