LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

For the third time - TOTALLY different players offensively. Victor barely shot 3s in college. Johnson is a 3 and D guy in college. What do we need more of at the 3 position?

I understand that Johnson has a good shot from deep and that (along with his excellent defense) is what he patterns his game after, but he still needs to be able to finish at the rim, the NBA will take the 3 away from him if he can't beat his guy and put the ball in. It's worrisome for his longterm development, no matter how much we presently need 3pt shooting.

Present team needs are not my concern when our team is so bad and needs talent more than anything.

I understand that Johnson has a good shot from deep and that (along with his excellent defense) is what he patterns his game after, but he still needs to be able to finish at the rim, the NBA will take the 3 away from him if he can't beat his guy and put the ball in. It's worrisome for his longterm development, no matter how much we presently need 3pt shooting.

Present team needs are not my concern when our team is so bad and needs talent more than anything.

There are tons of guys who shoot 3s and don't take it to the rim that much. Kyle Korver can't even dribble.

Also Stanley has a nice midrange pull up. Plus if you take the 3 away from him, he can pass the ball and wait for a better look. We have guys who can create off the dribble.

We need a star, best chance at a star in this draft where we pick is Hezonja.

I agree with this, plus he will be ready to play on day one. He is not really a project like some other players.

I agree with this, plus he will be ready to play on day one. He is not really a project like some other players.

Im not sure about this. He did not log a lot of minutes in Euro ball and you think he will just come over here and play 82 games with no problem? I mean, we have to be realistic here.

Im not sure about this. He did not log a lot of minutes in Euro ball and you think he will just come over here and play 82 games with no problem? I mean, we have to be realistic here.

That's a fair point.

I see it like when T. Harris caming to Orlando. He will be in a different situation. We are developing our players, his Euro pro team has a vet playing system.

If he does not log heavy mins, I still see him playing 82 games for 15-20 mins per game. He may not start right away but I see him playing.

He played 15 mins plus, in Europe.

Other points: He is coming from a two year pro system and is 20 years old. He has been playing against men for a while. He has an NBA body, a NBA role skill (shooting), and athleticism.

Now Porzingis may not play. Does not have the strength and would be a tougher fit vs Mario.

Now Porzingis may not play. Does not have the strength and would be a tougher fit vs Mario.

Porzingis has more experience than Mario considering he actually played decent minutes on his squad. I think Porz is a project, but he can probably contribute in a smaller role pretty quick.

Porzingis has more experience than Mario considering he actually played decent minutes on his squad. I think Porz is a project, but he can probably contribute in a smaller role pretty quick.

Agree.

I think a lot of people are expecting way too much from Mario based on a very small sample size of film. He is a pure potential pick, and that is the risk here. His attitude historically dictates he will be a bust. But he is still really appealing at 5 due to his talent.