LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

I wonder how come none of the mock drafts have us taking Mario?

Actually, I'm encouraged by that. I get this visual of Henny at his desk reading these mock drafts, stroking a cat and mumbling "yes... yes. Dance my ignorant puppets."

• Upvote 1

His 2pt % was 64% his last year at IU. And he's not exactly known for having a great midrange game or taking too many long jumpers so I would assume a lot of that was at the rim. But I can't find the same stats for Victor as I can for Johnson, Winslow, etc. in terms of shooting % at the rim so I'm not sure.

it's on his scouting video

Actually, I'm encouraged by that. I get this visual of Henny at his desk reading these mock drafts, stroking a cat and mumbling "yes... yes. Dance my ignorant puppets."

I believe WCS and zingers are smokescreen. We may have learned from the Payton situation last year- Not trying to tip our hands and have other teams like Philly take our player.

His 2pt % was 64% his last year at IU. And he's not exactly known for having a great midrange game or taking too many long jumpers so I would assume a lot of that was at the rim. But I can't find the same stats for Victor as I can for Johnson, Winslow, etc. in terms of shooting % at the rim so I'm not sure.

Just watch Victor his rookie year compared to now. He had no left hand and was missing finishes that NBA SGs don't miss. Same with Elf. Watch his first month. He was getting destroyed very often.

This is why I don't just look at stats. They don't tell you everything. Is a guy's % around the rim low because of his skill set or because he is getting met by 3 guys for example? Those things matter and the stats don't really tell you what happened.

From Draftexpress: "Over two thirds of his shot attempts come in the basket area, and he's converting on an outstanding 71% of those attempts, as he attacks the rim very aggressively and uses his good body control and excellent elevation to finish."

So nothing like Stanley Johnson converting at 40%.

From Draftexpress: "Over two thirds of his shot attempts come in the basket area, and he's converting on an outstanding 71% of those attempts, as he attacks the rim very aggressively and uses his good body control and excellent elevation to finish."

there is no way stanley johnson should be ranked above mario

from pure talent perspective mario is easily top 5 in this draft

Is this a quote about Victor? Because if you just watched his first year with the Magic you would see how badly he struggled with finishing at the rim. It was common knowledge. He could get away with it in college and his game was based off of taking it to the hole. Stanley is a 3 and D guy. Totally different.

Guys get better at things. The draft is just guessing who will improve at what.

Victor has gotten better at finishing in the NBA, but he is still not all the way there. Hoping he turns the corner this year

Is this a quote about Victor? Because if you just watched his first year with the Magic you would see how badly he struggled with finishing at the rim. It was common knowledge. He could get away with it in college and his game was based off of taking it to the hole. Stanley is a 3 and D guy. Totally different.

Guys get better at things. The draft is just guessing who will improve at what.

Victor has gotten better at finishing in the NBA, but he is still not all the way there. Hoping he turns the corner this year

Yeah it is. If a guy like Oladipo who finished at 71% in college had trouble finishing at the rim in the NBA, I wouldn't feel comfortable drafting Johnson who shot 40% at the rim in college, can't imagine how tough a time he'll have in the NBA.

Yeah it is. If a guy like Oladipo who finished at 71% in college had trouble finishing at the rim in the NBA, I wouldn't feel comfortable drafting Johnson who shot 40% at the rim in college, can't imagine how tough a time he'll have in the NBA.

For the third time - TOTALLY different players offensively. Victor barely shot 3s in college. Johnson is a 3 and D guy in college. What do we need more of at the 3 position?

I think you can give Stanley a little benefit of the doubt. Could be a bradley Beal situation where he spent his entire freshman season in a shooting slump