Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Mark Jackson would be a good transition guy like he ended up being for GS, but while he developed the players there he also severely held then back with his complete lack of any offensive scheme or strategy. Plus hard to give the reins to a guy with the problems he had with the FO

The prospect of Thibodeau tightening up our defense is very exciting but I have major doubts about him as well. His run with the Bulls could be looked as massively underwhelming if he loses before the ECF this year

Maybe all those injury problems have something to do with his crazy minute allocations

The prospect of Thibodeau tightening up our defense is very exciting but I have major doubts about him as well. His run with the Bulls could be looked as massively underwhelming if he loses before the ECF this year

Maybe all those injury problems have something to do with his crazy minute allocations

Or maybe Rose is actually made of glass. I mean the guy's knees keeping breaking with zero contact. Not having Rose available in the playoffs has to be factored in when evaluating TT's playoff success, so I'm not sure how anyone could come to a reasonable conclusion that his teams have been underwhelming in the playoffs.

Or maybe Rose is actually made of glass. I mean the guy's knees keeping breaking with zero contact. Not having Rose available in the playoffs has to be factored in when evaluating TT's playoff success, so I'm not sure how anyone could come to a reasonable conclusion that his teams have been underwhelming in the playoffs.

Although I agree Rose is as soft as tissue it's pretty well documented Thibs is a monster when it comes to pushing his players and sometimes it may be too much. This is a quote from Richard Hamilton, a veteran who has been around for quite some time.

"When I played there, practice was tough," said Hamilton, who spent two seasons with the Bulls from 2011-13. "I never experienced anything like that until I actually got to Chicago. It's well-documented that practices are a little too long, they're a little too hard and things like that.

"So if you want Derrick [Rose] (healthy) for the whole year, you've got to protect him. You've got to protect his body. When you know it's game time, 'You know what? We're not going to play him 35, 40 minutes a game. It might be 20 minutes a game.'

Butler Gibson Noah and Rose have all missed significant time within the last few years.

In an era when players' minutes are monitored more closely than ever, Thibodeau continually plays his players higher minutes than the rest of the NBA. Butler leads all players in minutes per game this season at 38.7. Pau Gasol, at age 34, is averaging almost 35 per game (his highest in three years) and Rose's minutes have gone up each month of the season — 23 to 25 to 30 to 34 to 32 (before getting injured).

These aren't new trends for Thibodeau, either. Butler ranked second in minutes per game last year, and Joakim Noah averaged 35 minutes per night. Noah had to get knee surgery in the offseason and has seen a decline in his numbers this season.

In 2011-12 and 2012-13, former Bulls forward Luol Deng led the NBA in minutes per game with 39.4 and 38.7, respectively.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-thibodeau-playing-bulls-too-many-minutes-2015-3#ixzz3XtaixXh1

I don't know how anyone could have "major doubts" about a guy who is one of the 5 best coaches in the game.

Overuse is a worry, and he could certainly take a page out of Pop's book wrt resting players. I'm not sure correlation equals causation with the injuries, but the only injury that has hindered their progress in the postseason is Rose. It is generally remarkable how much he gets out of his patchwork teams.

We have a bunch of young bodies so potential overuse injuries don't concern me in the immediate. My only (small) concern with Thibs is his offensive scheme. He doesn't really subscribe to the pace and space ideology, and his tendency to use two non-stretch post players would really clog things up for our non-shooting backcourt. I think adding a guy from the D'antoni tree would be a smart addition to a potential staff.

To his credit, though, he clearly see this issue and took steps to remedy it adding McDermott and Mirotic (though he used Mirotic at the three too often)

We have a bunch of young bodies so potential overuse injuries don't concern me in the immediate. My only (small) concern with Thibs is his offensive scheme. He doesn't really subscribe to the pace and space ideology, and his tendency to use two non-stretch post players would really clog things up for our non-shooting backcourt. I think adding a guy from the D'antoni tree would be a smart addition to a potential staff.

To his credit, though, he clearly see this issue and took steps to remedy it adding McDermott and Mirotic (though he used Mirotic at the three too often)

Thibodeau isn't the GM.

Lol

That guy taught me everything I know about basketball from those UCF Basketball camps back in the day, he's great at developing young talent. :bball:

The Thunder are seriously considering University of Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie as a successor for Scott Brooks, a source tells Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. Ollie, who’s close to Oklahoma City GM Sam Presti and also has strong ties to former teammate Kevin Durant, recommitted to the Huskies with a new deal last year that would require him to pay the school $4MM if he were to leave for the NBA.

People close to Brooks have their doubts about his job security, as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported last week. The Thunder are expected to “spend time evaluating the partnership” between Brooks and the franchise before deciding whether to bring him back next season, though he’s under contract for 2015/16 with a team option for 2016/17, Wojnarowski wrote.

Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka have nonetheless all expressed support for Brooks in recent days, though the three were teammates of Ollie, who spent his final season playing in the NBA with the Thunder in 2009/10. Ollie guided Connecticut to the national championship in 2014 and was a hot commodity shortly thereafter. The Cavs were reportedly the most aggressive NBA team in pursuit, while some thought that a team might hire Ollie to try to lure Durant, who’s set for free agency in 2016. Ollie was reportedly seeking a contract worth more than $25MM over five years to make the jump to the NBA. His deal with Connecticut is a five-year, $15MM pact.

Wonder if Rob has reached out to Ollie.