Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Here's the thing, though. Is Thibs worth the extra money he will want? If Orlando has to pay him $8 mil to coach there, that's got to be nearly twice what they'd be willing to pay Skiles. Is Thibs worth $3-4 mil more than Skiles? Is money even a consideration, even that much of it? I just don't know about that.

A coach's salary doesn't count against the salary cap. Hire the best guy and be done with it.

A coach's salary doesn't count against the salary cap. Hire the best guy and be done with it.

I understand that. I do. But if they feel the difference between the two is small, they may not want to pay nearly twice as much for only a little bit better coach.

Here's the thing, though. Is Thibs worth the extra money he will want? If Orlando has to pay him $8 mil to coach there, that's got to be nearly twice what they'd be willing to pay Skiles. Is Thibs worth $3-4 mil more than Skiles? Is money even a consideration, even that much of it? I just don't know about that.

Devos is worth more than $5 billion, who cares how much they pay the coach.

Thibs has a better win percentage, would attract more FA's and overall would be something the City would be excited for! go get em Hennie!

This is a big deal. Much better shot of landing a premier FA talent in the next year or two with Thibs. After that who knows but Thibs has a higher draw right now.

There's language in Thibs' contract that say if he's fired and ends up coaching another team, Bulls are only responsible for the difference in pay after taking the salary from the new team into account. Bulls were paying him $4.5m/yr. If Orl pays him $7m/yr, Bulls owe him nothing. But if Orl pays him $1m/yr, Bulls still on the hook for $3.5m/yr.

I can totally see Thibs negotiating a first-year salary of $.50 and having the Bulls pay the remaining $4,499,999.50 just as an F-U, lol.

That would be hilarious.

Thibs has a better win percentage, would attract more FA's and overall would be something the City would be excited for! go get em Hennie!

Attract more FAs? How are you sure of that? It was reported his players stopped wanting to be around him. I'm not saying he won't but I doubt the difference is that big if any at all.

• Upvote 1

Attract more FAs? How are you sure of that? It was reported his players stopped wanting to be around him. I'm not saying he won't but I doubt the difference is that big if any at all.

I wouldn't buy into anything negative about either side that's coming out right now. This looks like a really bad breakup and everything coming out is probably nothing but mudslinging and exaggeration.

Thibs is certainly a tough coach, but winning cures all when it comes to player-coach relationships

The unusual part of the Thibodeau-Bulls power struggle is that he hasn’t lost the locker room at all, despite his notoriously hard-driving style. On the contrary, players overwhelmingly voiced their support for the coach in the locker room.

“If it was up to me, he’d be back,” said Derrick Rose.

Added Joakim Noah: “I think Thibs is a hard worker who always had us prepared.”

Said Taj Gibson: “If you want to be coached and pushed, Thibs is the coach for you. If you don’t want to get better, this isn’t the team for you.”

My link