Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

For its worth I was listening to NBA radio this morning and the host say Thibs is headed to Orlando. They had on a Chicago beat writer who said he's 95% gone and Orlando is his most likely landing spot. Like I said take it with a grain of salt but they did mention it a few times.

That's good news!

Orlando should do a trade for Thibs like what Boston did to Coach Rivers and Nets did with Jason Kidd. But who should the Magic trade for Thibs is the question.

Orlando should do a trade for Thibs like what Boston did to Coach Rivers and Nets did with Jason Kidd. But who should the Magic trade for Thibs is the question.

Why would this need to happen if the hypothesis is that he's going to be fired?

for what it's worth... (not much)

MagicalNBA ‏@MagicalNBA 20m20 minutes ago

Ive heard from 2 people today that Thibs is coming here. Im surprised that the Bulls are going to let him go. Let's see if it happens.

We should just change the topic title to "Official Magic Head Coach Thread"

I'm hoping for Thibs. Do you think Mark Jackson would be willing to come on as an assistant?

I'm just imagining Thibs, Doug Collins and Mark Jackson. We would have the defensive minded, development minded, and culturally relevant staff that we would want.

We should just change the topic title to "Official Magic Head Coach Thread"

I'm hoping for Thibs. Do you think Mark Jackson would be willing to come on as an assistant?

I'm just imagining Thibs, Doug Collins and Mark Jackson. We would have the defensive minded, development minded, and culturally relevant staff that we would want.

Read up on some of the stuff that went down with Jackson in GS, I don't want him anywhere near our organisation.

• Upvote 2

Read up on some of the stuff that went down with Jackson in GS, I don't want him anywhere near our organisation.

Yup. Hearing he wanted Bogut to play against medical advice? No thanks.

Anyone else watching CHI VS MIL to root for Bulls to lose in first round so that its sealed that Thibs leaves?

Yup. Hearing he wanted Bogut to play against medical advice? No thanks.

Anyone else watching CHI VS MIL to root for Bulls to lose in first round so that its sealed that Thibs leaves?

I can actually see Thibs on the sidelines for us already..lol

Why would this need to happen if the hypothesis is that he's going to be fired?

If you fire someone, you get nothing in return. If you trade a coach, at least a team would get something before hiring a new coach.

Kinda like free agency, if player decides to leave the team, the team would have nothing.

If you fire someone, you get nothing in return. If you trade a coach, at least a team would get something before hiring a new coach.

Kinda like free agency, if player decides to leave the team, the team would have nothing.

So you're a Bulls fan then? I don't understand why you are lobbying for us to trade an asset? That said, they can have Frye I suppose.

A re-signed Harris and Frye for Taj Gibson and Thibs!!! Who says no?!

I'm well aware the salaries wouldn't match up and this would never happen, but I'd love to see Taj Gibson on this team.

Frye?