Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Totally agree. This weird swing where they're being mentioned as equals is absolutely absurd. Skiles is a common re-tread NBA coach. Brian Hill redux.

The reason Skiles has been on the verge of being hired all week, but has yet to be, is we are making 100% sure Thibs isn't interested.

Almost every coach in the league is a re-tread coach. It's a revolving door.

@ESPNSteinLine: Story going online now: ESPN sources say Magic enter contract talks to make Scott Skiles next coach and hope to strike deal as soon as today

I've come around on Skiles and would be fine with this hire. I believe the timing is right and that it could be a good fit for both him and the organization.

Almost every coach in the league is a re-tread coach. It's a revolving door.

You either win a ship in 4-5 years or less or you're fired in the NBA. I think there are only a few exceptions to this rule.

I've come around on Skiles and would be fine with this hire. I believe the timing is right and that it could be a good fit for both him and the organization.

Poor mans Thibs but whatever looks like we have no choice.

@ESPNSteinLine: Story going online now: ESPN sources say Magic enter contract talks to make Scott Skiles next coach and hope to strike deal as soon as today

I feel as though the interview with New Orleans was just to get the Magic to sweat and perhaps come back with an "I could walk away for another team" message. He was ours all along, as we have his type of team and he lives here in the off-season. Just makes sense in all sorts of ways.

Firing JV.

You really think it took a media leak to get everyone to believe it? And all this time I thought it was a foregone conclusion...

Probably a fair statement. Funny thing is Thibs was a poor man's SVG before his run in Chicago.

Probably a fair statement. Funny thing is Thibs was a poor man's SVG before his run in Chicago.

I think it all depends on the players you have honestly. Thibs got Rose, Jimmy Butler, Noah, Taj Gibson, etc. Granted, he helped make them into such great players, but there is a certain element of the players fulfilling expectations that doesn't happen under every coach not named Greg Popavich.

I don't see it like this at all. I have no doubt in my mind Skiles could accomplish the same things Thibs has in Chicago, which wasn't much given the talent of the team.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much, every coach other than Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, and Gregg Popovich is a poor man's "Insert Name Here".

Marc Stein reports the Magic could sign Skiles as early as today: http://espn.go.com/n...-contract-terms

Not opposed to this hiring at all, truth be told, he makes sense! He will bring the attitude lesson (game) plan that will launch this team to the next level!

What I did not realize was that Dell Demps played under Skiles in Greece! Hmmmmmmmmm!! smile_bball.gifsmile_bball.gif