Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

We are not an attractive destination for a popular coach right now. Thibs will end up signing with whomever attracts him the most. If it's here, great. But I will no be bummed at all if we end up with Skiles.

Money talks!

Thibs is still my number 1 choice but this break up doesn't look good on him either. Lots of stuff around about how players deliberately worked out away from the Bulls facility in the offseason to avoid him and how Thibs was angry at minutes restrictions (which we used with AG) and wouldn't accept an offensive minded assistant (although that was probably because he didn't trust the front office but still..)

I'm still more on the Skiles bandwagon than Thibs (though not by much...and I know that is not the common sentiment around here), but if all this Skiles noise over the last week including the Woodson noise from last night was all a ploy by Henny to release the Bulls' grip on Thibs, then it is final...ROB HENNIGAN IS A GENIUS.

I'm still more on the Skiles bandwagon than Thibs (though not by much...and I know that is not the common sentiment around here), but if all this Skiles noise over the last week including the Woodson noise from last night was all a ploy by Henny to release the Bulls' grip on Thibs, then it is final...ROB HENNIGAN IS A GENIUS.

I'm sure it had more so to do with the fact it seemed as if most teams would not trade for Thibs and they were willing to move on. More a collective thing between teams than just Rob.

I read on the sports center ticker last night that the Bulls believe the 8-9 Milli they owe Thibs will be reduced once he is hired by a team.

Can someone familiar with contracts tell me how that's possible?

I honestly have soured on Thibbs a little. I'd rather have Skiles.

Skiles was fired with the Bucks because he didn't want to coach the team anymore and stepped down (even with the Bucks apparently having an offer on the table to extend his contract). He was fired with the Bulls because his teams stopped doing well and stopped listening, but still were generally in the locker room.

Whether it is true or not, the rumors swirling around about players wanting to not be in the same room as Thibs, his refusal to hire an offensive-minded assistant (stubbornness), not wanting to have limits on player minutes, etc. makes me much - much - more hesitant with Thibs.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually more on the Skiles bandwagon after doing my research on both coaches.

• Upvote 1

Skiles was fired with the Bucks because he didn't want to coach the team anymore and stepped down (even with the Bucks apparently having an offer on the table to extend his contract). He was fired with the Bulls because his teams stopped doing well and stopped listening, but still were generally in the locker room.

Whether it is true or not, the rumors swirling around about players wanting to not be in the same room as Thibs, his refusal to hire an offensive-minded assistant (stubbornness), not wanting to have limits on player minutes, etc. makes me much - much - more hesitant with Thibs.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually more on the Skiles bandwagon after doing my research on both coaches.

This is exactly what I've been thinking and trying to say over the last 3-4 days. This forum is a lot more open to this sentiment than the Orlando Magic subreddit.