Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

My question is, if the Bulls wanted to get rid of Thibs so badly why haven't they? They don't want to pay him the 9 million to fire him right? So why haven't they granted interviews yet.

I'm not sure I can think of a reason for them to wait being that it also slows down their next coaching hire.

Because they want to see if they can get draft picks for him before letting him go

Calipari reportedly interested in the Pelicans job, though he's denying

Unibrow is ridiculously good; he should take it.

I disagee, he would be an idiot for taking the job because Anthony might leave the Hornets in free agency

The university of Kentucky might burn in a freak moonshine accident. Why would cal worry about Davis leaving in, probably, 6 years.

Because they want to see if they can get draft picks for him before letting him go

Well it would have to be draft picks for next year being that he hasn't been granted the ability to interview anywhere. Even so though what does that have to do with the process not being started yet?

There isn't a certain date they can trade for draft picks. Could of possibly got picks for this draft.(maybe it will be announced tonight)

Still seems slow for how desperate they supposedly are to get rid of him.

Well it would have to be draft picks for next year being that he hasn't been granted the ability to interview anywhere. Even so though what does that have to do with the process not being started yet?

There isn't a certain date they can trade for draft picks. Could of possibly got picks for this draft.(maybe it will be announced tonight)

Still seems slow for how desperate they supposedly are to get rid of him.

Yeah, there's really no common practice with trading coaches so we're really in uncharted territory.

Btw Chicago as a franchise just sucks. If it wasn't for Jordan they'd be in the same realm as Milwaukee.

My question is, if the Bulls wanted to get rid of Thibs so badly why haven't they? They don't want to pay him the 9 million to fire him right? So why haven't they granted interviews yet.

I'm not sure I can think of a reason for them to wait being that it also slows down their next coaching hire.

They're waiting to get their #1 or #2 options to agree to be coach.

Why fire a good coach, problems or not, without having his upgraded replacement already in line? See OKC as example. They weren't firing Brooks without Donovan ready to check in.

Once they get that commitment from Hoiberg or Gentry (or whomever) then they'll work on Thibs.

I don't understand us not having a great coach yet.

IMO there are 2 top tier coaches available-

Brooks, who is free to sign right now,

and Thibs, who has the baggage of not being let go yet (and may not be). I would grab Brooks before some other team does and not get stuck with a lower tier coach if Chicago decides to keep Thibs, or is looking for too much in return for a guy they want to dump anyway.

I personally don't think there is much difference between the 2 and I'd hate not getting either one because we waited to see what was going to happen. There are too many teams needing coaches for us to sit on our hands for long.

The next tier down, Skiles, Gentry, Monty, D'Antoni, Shaw, etc may all be fine, but if we want a GREAT coach I would grab the only one that is available at this moment!

The university of Kentucky might burn in a freak moonshine accident. Why would cal worry about Davis leaving in, probably, 6 years.

It does not even matter anyway since I doubt Calipari will take the job so it is a moot point

I can't imagine any top coach wanting to come here until the New Orleans and Chicago situations are addressed. Both those jobs would be preferable to here, and if Denver gets lucky in the lotto tonight, a case could be made their situation is more desirable as well.