Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Game Thread: Magic vs. Knicks

Gang, where's the game thread for this evening? I missed the game and find crickets here!

For those that did watch the game, can someone explain why Dipo took 25 shots? Did the announcers mention anything? I'm honestly confused, especially because he only made 8 of them and went 1-8 from three.

Anything else worth sharing?

I had the honor of being at the game tonight, and, well let's just say it was less then disappointing! The guy's were flat, played with no life and no urgency, while the Knicks D League squad came to play.

As you know, I am not beyond trashing the Ref's, but they were practically blind on our end of the court, but they did not lose the game for us, our inability to rebound and to make shots.....easy open shots did us in.

I still enjoyed the experience and looking forward, to turning the corner with a good core group of players!

The 2nd quarter finished 8-7 for the Knicks, an NBA record for the least combined points in a quarter

I tuned in for like 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter... And that is why I only watched 5 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Here's everything you need to know about the game.

Cole Aldrich abused Nikola Vucevic and Dewayne Dedmon in the first quarter to a tune of 14 points and seven rebounds. Dedmon tried to match up but just did not have the concentrated mass required to keep Aldrich out of the paint.

Nikola Vucevic, on the other hand, plain and simply did not give a hoot. A night after getting torched by Jonas Valanciunas, Vucevic came out with the same lackluster effort that got him beat down the night before. Vucevic was slow to contest, or did not bother to contest at all for the majority of the night. He did not box out very much and watched rebounds go to the wayside.

To top it all off, his mid-range jumper was not falling tonight either. WAIT, I ALMOST FORGOT, Vucevic also hit a lay-up with one second left, even though the Magic were down by three. So, in essence, Vucevic cost the Magic the game throughout the game and then put the nail in the coffin with his stat-padding rebound/lay-up.

http://orlandomagicd...mpaign=NextPost

The 2nd quarter finished 8-7 for the Knicks, an NBA record for the least combined points in a quarter

I'm just glad I can say I was at the game and part of NBA history. :svgsad: