Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Birds @ Magic

Is the draft/free-agency/new coach here yet? Can this season just end? Only bright spot I see nearly every game is Payton.

Is it just me or did you not think this rebuild would be so painful to watch almost three years later. We have fired the coach and guess what, same team, making same mistakes, and loosing the same way over and over.

On paper we have a lot of young talent, but we are flawed somewhere. I think we need an influx of good veteran talent and a good free agent signing to help out young core. We can't come back next year with the same team and expect different results. I like Tobias, but I don't see him being resigned. With this group, he is a little too inconsistent and I believe his skill set can be replaced.

The next coach and this off season moves have got to be right, or we will be destined for mediocrity for years to come.

Really frustrating !!!!!

Is it just me or did you not think this rebuild would be so painful to watch almost three years later. We have fired the coach and guess what, same team, making same mistakes, and loosing the same way over and over.

On paper we have a lot of young talent, but we are flawed somewhere. I think we need an influx of good veteran talent and a good free agent signing to help out young core. We can't come back next year with the same team and expect different results. I like Tobias, but I don't see him being resigned. With this group, he is a little too inconsistent and I believe his skill set can be replaced.

The next coach and this off season moves have got to be right, or we will be destined for mediocrity for years to come.

Really frustrating !!!!!

Meh. From what we expected at the beginning of the season we're only like 6 or 7 games off pace. There's been some bad, there's been some good. Next year was always "need to be a playoff team" season so what we did this year was always inconsequential.

If you want to be a glass half full person you can say it's better to figure out Vaughn is not the guy this year instead of overachieving for a season and taking a step backwards in the future.

This year is about taking the franchise off the shoulders of veteran players and letting the new order sink or swim. We've legitimately found 3 players to build around. The next test is to build a cohesive roster around those three guys.

Meh. From what we expected at the beginning of the season we're only like 6 or 7 games off pace. There's been some bad, there's been some good. Next year was always "need to be a playoff team" season so what we did this year was always inconsequential.

If you want to be a glass half full person you can say it's better to figure out Vaughn is not the guy this year instead of overachieving for a season and taking a step backwards in the future.

This year is about taking the franchise off the shoulders of veteran players and letting the new order sink or swim. We've legitimately found 3 players to build around. The next test is to build a cohesive roster around those three guys.

The next test will be to see what Rob does in free-agency. We'll get another good prospect one way or another in the draft, but that's not enough. We have 3 keepers on this team for sure. Gordon will be but he's an obvious project.

It's a win-lose situation for me. Magic win a game, and we have a lower chance at a top 3 pick but morale is high. Magic lose, and morale is low but we have a better chance at a top pick.

Free Agency, as stated by many, will be our test, though I'm not sure this is the year you want to get big into spending since it's also the year where the cap rises and EVERY team can spend. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Borrego has shown me that he can coach, but is he THE coach to take us to the next level? This has yet to be seen and I believe will be our most important move this offseason.

It's a win-lose situation for me. Magic win a game, and we have a lower chance at a top 3 pick but morale is high. Magic lose, and morale is low but we have a better chance at a top pick.

Free Agency, as stated by many, will be our test, though I'm not sure this is the year you want to get big into spending since it's also the year where the cap rises and EVERY team can spend. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Borrego has shown me that he can coach, but is he THE coach to take us to the next level? This has yet to be seen and I believe will be our most important move this offseason.

Borrego is better than Vaughn was, but he is not the answer. I would all but guarantee Rob is not willing to bet the future of his current job on JB.

Borrego is better than Vaughn was, but he is not the answer. I would all but guarantee Rob is not willing to bet the future of his current job on JB.

Agreed

Big off season for henny

I think this team is pretty much guaranteed to be slotted #5 for ping pong balls. The four scrubs below us will never match our win total and catching up to teams like Det and Sac is pretty much out of the question. I really would like to see four or five more wins in these remaining games just so the six or seven guys still on this team next year have a little something to build on.

Not to go all negative, but some of the excuses for this team need to stop. Yes, these guys are young but there will be no growth without accountability.

The last few minutes of last night's game were insanely sloppy, with turnover after turnover. Moreover, here are my additional takeaways:

• Love Easy's aggressiveness
  • Love Vooch's offensive skill set
  • Hate Vooch's charmin defense
  • Hate Nicholson's charmin defense
  • Dipo has an over-dribbling problem and sometimes an over-confidence problem
  • Borrego is coaching challenged, including his rotations and playing times. How is Gordon only getting 10 minutes a game right now? To me it shows he's focused more on self-preservation than player development.
  • Have a hard time believing Dipo and Harris can share the floor together
  • Dedmon ain't the answer

I continue to believe this team needs a decent overhaul, beginning with a proven coach. I also don't see us having the guaranteed core pieces to build around like some of you see. I wish I did. I love the upside of Easy and Dipo, especially Easy. And I'm increasingly unsure Vooch is a championship caliber center. Great offense and terrible defense.

EDIT: Vooch is the 34th ranked center in WARP, while he's not even in the top 40 for centers in RPM. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, Easy has the 12th best WARP for point guards.

• Upvote 1

Not to go all negative, but some of the excuses for this team need to stop. Yes, these guys are young but there will be no growth without accountability.

The last few minutes of last night's game were insanely sloppy, with turnover after turnover. Moreover, here are my additional takeaways:

• Love Easy's aggressiveness
  • Love Vooch's offensive skill set
  • Hate Vooch's charmin defense
  • Hate Nicholson's charmin defense
  • Dipo has an over-dribbling problem and sometimes an over-confidence problem
  • Borrego is coaching challenged, including his rotations and playing times. How is Gordon only getting 10 minutes a game right now? To me it shows he's focused more on self-preservation than player development.
  • Have a hard time believing Dipo and Harris can share the floor together
  • Dedmon ain't the answer

I continue to believe this team needs a decent overhaul, beginning with a proven coach. I also don't see us having the guaranteed core pieces to build around like some of you see. I wish I did. I love the upside of Easy and Dipo, especially Easy. And I'm increasingly unsure Vooch is a championship caliber center. Great offense and terrible defense.

EDIT: Vooch is the 34th ranked center in WARP, while he's not even in the top 40 for centers in RPM. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, Easy has the 12th best WARP for point guards.

WARP and RPM say Deandre Jordan is a better center than both Marc Gasol and Al Horford. Also Khris Middleton is 8th in the league in RPM.

Really frustrating !!!!!

I don't know, at least we're somewhat competitive. This season's games are a lot easier to watch than the two seasons before it IMO.