Sign in to follow this  
Wilbur

Who are the best young players at each position in the NBA

As this season draws to a close and the offseason is considered, I think Henny should be given his due. When he took over this was an old team going nowhere with an immature star player. Looking at this roster I think an argument can be made that Payton, Oladipo and Vuc are among the best players at their position in the NBA under age 24. I read this board a lot and find the discussions very entertaining. So here is my question. Who are the best players in the NBA at each position under the age of 23?

Mine:

PG: Irving

SG: Oladipo

SF: Leonard

PF: Davis

C: Cousins

As this season draws to a close and the offseason is considered, I think Henny should be given his due. When he took over this was an old team going nowhere with an immature star player. Looking at this roster I think an argument can be made that Payton, Oladipo and Vuc are among the best players at their position in the NBA under age 24. I read this board a lot and find the discussions very entertaining. So here is my question. Who are the best players in the NBA at each position under the age of 23?

Mine:

PG: Irving

SG: Oladipo

SF: Leonard

PF: Davis

C: Cousins

Is Wiggins a 2? Because it's probably Wiggins. Also, is it 23 and under, or under 23? Because Leonard is 23, almost 24.

Is Wiggins a 2? Because it's probably Wiggins. Also, is it 23 and under, or under 23? Because Leonard is 23, almost 24.

Wiggins is consider a SF

Giannis Antetokounmpo is 20 (PF)

Andrew Wiggins is 20 (SF)

Andre Drummond is 21 ©

Bradley Beal is 21 (SG)

Elfrid Payton is 21 (PG)

Anthony Davis is 22 (PF)

Victor Olidipo is 22 (SG)

Kyrie Irving is 22 (PG)

Tobias Harris is 22 (SF)

Terrance Jones is 23 (PF)

Kawhi Leonard is 23 (SF)

Tim Hardaway Jr is 23 (SG)

Brandon Knight is 23 (PG)

Michael Carter Williams is 23 (PG)

If we are going with 23 and under, in my opinion, that is the list to choose from.

source

And if that is the list we are picking from...then my starting lineup would be:

Kyrie Irving

Bradley Beal

Kawhi Leonard

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Anthony Davis

I found this article today and thought of this thread. I know it's bleacher report, but it's still kinda cool to see 3 of the top 25 guys on the Magic.

I'm really hoping we can figure out something and convince Harris to stay without giving him a max contract if that is what he is asking for.

I found this article today and thought of this thread. I know it's bleacher report, but it's still kinda cool to see 3 of the top 25 guys on the Magic.

I'm really hoping we can figure out something and convince Harris to stay without giving him a max contract if that is what he is asking for.

Vooch is number 9. Nice. It'd be good to get Vooch a stud, defensive minded PF, which would free him up even more.

Wiggins is consider a SF

Giannis Antetokounmpo is 20 (PF)

Andrew Wiggins is 20 (SF)

Andre Drummond is 21 ©

Bradley Beal is 21 (SG)

Elfrid Payton is 21 (PG)

Anthony Davis is 22 (PF)

Victor Olidipo is 22 (SG)

Kyrie Irving is 22 (PG)

Tobias Harris is 22 (SF)

Terrance Jones is 23 (PF)

Kawhi Leonard is 23 (SF)

Tim Hardaway Jr is 23 (SG)

Brandon Knight is 23 (PG)

Michael Carter Williams is 23 (PG)

If we are going with 23 and under, in my opinion, that is the list to choose from.

source

And if that is the list we are picking from...then my starting lineup would be:

Kyrie Irving

Bradley Beal

Kawhi Leonard

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Anthony Davis

Kyrie is only 22 - the same age as Dipo and Tobias? Holly ***.

I would take Beal over Dipo all day at the 2 even with the injury issues.

Irving

Beal

Leonard

Davis

Drummond

Davis is actually listed as a PF so I can make this my 5. Drummond is only 21 and averages almost 14 and 14.

Harris will be getting a max contract with us even if you do not like it

Harris will be getting a max contract with us even if you do not like it

Huh? I don't get how people come on here and report things like they're fact. If you think we will be keeping and signing Harris to a max contract, that's completely fine. But you can't come here and report it like it's a fact. If you have that knowledge, please give us your sources and proof. We very well may give Harris a max, but not analyst, reporter, insider or whomever knows that to be fact or not, so that makes me curious as to how you know this information.

It might have had Payton on there too if it was written a few months later.

It doesn't matter what the list is, The Magic has a great group of young players...and we should be in the spot light this year because of them and how they play well together!!! That's the key..They do play great with each player they know that the others have their back, and that's what a great team is!!