Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

He is very capable of working in a faster offense than that. I remember last year in one of the games he played against us here. He chewed us up at the rim and at the 3 point line. Also, if he is leading our 2nd unit he only needs to run hard for a few minutes at a time. I also think he could be useful at helping to develop our younger talent.

I love Meer and agree it would be a great story to bring him back... but I think we are moving in the opposite direction from walking the ball up the floor

He is very capable of working in a faster offense than that. I remember last year in one of the games he played against us here. He chewed us up at the rim and at the 3 point line. Also, if he is leading our 2nd unit he only needs to run hard for a few minutes at a time. I also think he could be useful at helping to develop our younger talent.

A few minutes at a time and a veteran who would develop young talent. That's a 3rd PG. Our backup needs to be read to log starters minutes if Elf misses a game.

What would you give up for Jack? One 2nd and Nicholson? Too little?

Probably not enough. Jack is a really good PG.

What would you give up for Jack? One 2nd and Nicholson? Too little?

How long is Jack's contract? I'm too lazy to look it up. If it's expiring I wouldn't offer much.

Free Agent PGs I like :

Aaron Brooks - Love his bench scoring punch. Fournier can help with ball distribution

Patrick Beverly - Solid from 3, great energy.

Donald Sloan - could be a sleeper, Indiana may keep him, but its well worth pursuing him. My personal top option.

CJ Watson - solid backup. Inexpensive.

Wildcard 1 Sergio Rodriguez - top FIBA PG.

Wildcard 2 LinSanity - probably pretty cheap now.

If the Nets can't get under the luxury tax threshold by the end of next season, it will be their fourth consecutive season as a taxpayer, and it will clinch "repeater" status. Brooklyn paid $12.9 million in tax in 2012-13 and $90.6 million in 2013-14 before racking up a bill of $20.5 million this season.

It is widely assumed the Nets will explore the trade markets for both Joe Johnson (with his expiring $24.9 million deal) and Jarrett Jack (due $12.6 million over the next two seasons but only partially guaranteed in 2016-17) to try to get away from tax territory that way, instead of waiving and stretching Williams. Neither of those ideas is as complicated as trying to trade D-Will himself, with $21 million next season and $22.3 million in 2016-17 owed to the 30-year-old, but you wouldn't describe trading Johnson or Jack for purely financial motivations as easy, either.

http://espn.go.com/b...season-priority

Backup 5s I like :

Koufos - Love this guy behind Vuc. A very underrated rim protector.

Tyson Chandler - yep. He's older now but he would be great fit to anchor our bench squad. Probably will go to a contender, but he's worth a strong look.

Robin Lopez - solid rim protector

Brandan Wright - Love his physicality - would be a nice match next to Frye.

Marreese Speights - Sure as hell can't dunk off the fast break, but he's a very nice backup. Probably won't leave GSW, but he may have to if they max out Green and need to save some $$.