Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I also think there may be an anti-UK vibe, too, which is completely understandable.

Nope. Give me Towns.

If Noel packed on enough weight to actually impose himself, I'd be interested but his shoulders are so thin.

Trade Harris.

Go for the FA's that will demand a max contact (Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, Draymond Green,

but in case we lose out on that, i would be happy with:

Sign Khris Middleton (what we wanted harris to be) and PJ tucker (defensive beast). Consider Thaddeus Young, Danny Green,

Draft a PF. Or, consider Ed Davis.

Mo Williams as backup PG?

Trade Harris.

Go for the FA's that will demand a max contact (Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, Draymond Green,

but in case we lose out on that, i would be happy with:

Sign Khris Middleton (what we wanted harris to be) and PJ tucker (defensive beast). Consider Thaddeus Young, Danny Green,

Draft a PF. Or, consider Ed Davis.

Mo Williams as backup PG?

Middleton is overrated and is going to get way overpaid by a gm that is pro analytics and didn't realize that Middleton's play was greatly impacted by Brandon knight

I'm surprised there's not more hype for Deandre Jordan on here. He's the one big-time free agent that for sure won't be playing on his current team next year. You wanna talk about covering up for Vuch's defensive weakness, that all but eliminates them.

Payton

Vic

Stanley Johnson (winslow, Mario)

Vuch

Jordan

Jordan runs the floor better than most SF's. He's completely fine with not being fed the ball on offense. We could run high pick n roll with him and vuch. Good luck grabbing a rebound ever on us. And if you are fortunate enough to break our perimeter defense down, have fun getting by Jordan. Vuch plays a way from the basket enough to where I think it could work.

It's a pipe dream, but I'm just pointing it out. Jordan won't be in LA next year (at least with the clippers).

But I agree with the logic from others.

Throw a completely front-loaded max at Butler, Leonard, Jordan and see what happens. Also throw Draymond in that group. We could get one of those guys, just don't know if we will actually try.

I'm surprised there's not more hype for Deandre Jordan on here. He's the one big-time free agent that for sure won't be playing on his current team next year. You wanna talk about covering up for Vuch's defensive weakness, that all but eliminates them.

Deandre Jordan camps under the basket to block shots. If he's ever within 5' of his man, it's entirely an accident. He's a "good defender" in the same way late-career Marcus Camby was a good defender, which is to say: "He isn't, and if you think he is, you've clearly never watched him actually play. There's a reason why opposing teams' Ortg jumps over 2pts when he's not on the floor."

Someone is going to pay Jordan a ridiculous amount of money for "rim protection". It shouldn't be us. Or really anyone. But definitely not us.

Deandre Jordan camps under the basket to block shots. If he's ever within 5' of his man, it's entirely an accident. He's a "good defender" in the same way late-career Marcus Camby was a good defender, which is to say: "He isn't, and if you think he is, you've clearly never watched him actually play. There's a reason why opposing teams' Ortg jumps over 2pts when he's not on the floor.

Someone is going to pay Jordan a ridiculous amount of money for "rim protection". It shouldn't be us. Or really anyone. But definitely not us.

I feel like Dedmon is kind of like a poor mans Deandre Jordan and im ok with that.

what does everyone thing about a frye for david lee deal? we save then some luxury dollars this year (bc they will match for green) and they save us from fryes deal the last two years. i really think we could challenge for a playoff spot as is with better coaching. could go into next offseason with these 5 under contract and roughly 60 million in capspace

payton, dipo, gordon, draft pick (towns?), vuc

i think that core may be enough to attract two big time FAs. this obviously assumes that we strike out in the RFAs this year and harris gets a deal not worth matching

something that no one has really mentioned, what is the possibility that some of the max restricted FAs for this year take the qualifying offer and wait until next year? the difference between 25% of 65 and 90 million is about 5.5 million per year, so they would forfeit 8-10 mill this year for 20-22 more over the life of their deal. probably unlikely but who knows

Middleton is overrated and is going to get way overpaid by a gm that is pro analytics and didn't realize that Middleton's play was greatly impacted by Brandon knight

Wouldn't analytics inform said GM of that fact?

I'm curious what becomes of the Kevin Love situation this summer.

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck Love does not stay in Cleveland. He's LA bound. He's from there, he belongs there. He has taken such a hit this year. Like I think he's had to suffer just as much if not more than Bosh did on the court. But at least Bosh was living in Miami. Making an LA guy live in Ohio is not possible. I'm from Ohio, I know. No one stays there if they can help it. Love will go to LA and embrace the challenge of turning his hometown team around, as he should.