Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Stan suggests that shard wasn't coming without that 6th year. Plus it was definitely worth it

I dont think seattle was willing to pay him and they were the only competition for the 6th year. We could have still done a S&T with greater raises for 5 years. Water (tears) under the bridge now

I would have liked keeping SVG and the Polish hammer... other than that I agree with everything we've done. Even Frye's contract looks great with the new NBA money!

I think Frye will start to ball this season under Skiles. We were so poorly coached last year that I think we will surprise people this year.

I posted this before, but all our main bench guys are extremely good at shooting the 3 - Watson, Evan, Mario, Frye.

You put them around Dedmon and you have a pretty nice bench unit -finally. If you need even more offense, you put Smith in for even more shooting.

no mention of markieff morris? not the defensive enforcer everyone thinks we need but he's a decent pf, relatively young, on a great contract and might be had for a decent deal since he's openly disgruntled. worth taking a look id imagine

no mention of markieff morris? not the defensive enforcer everyone thinks we need but he's a decent pf, relatively young, on a great contract and might be had for a decent deal since he's openly disgruntled. worth taking a look id imagine

I was actually about to post something about him. I don't want anyone like that anywhere near this team. He's an unprofessional dolt who is pouting about not getting to play with his brother. What is he 11 years old? Man up and be glad you get the opportunity to play in the NBA. He signed a contract and that contract had no clause in it that said he will be playing with his brother. He's an obvious headcase and has trouble written all over him.

I agree too! We are building a solid foundation of players that want to be here and grow together as a team. The longer we can avoid having a single head case on the team the better! I'm hoping that AG develops into the PF we need on defense!

I don't think anyone was clamoring for Otis to stay until Dwight was dealt. I think everyone was saying if Dwight will stay with Otis we should keep Otis.

No people were wanting Otis to move Dwight and then move on from Otis. Some wanted the Lopez garbage from NJ Nets or head case Bynum (colossal mistakes). Looking back though imagine Henny having a multitude of picks (and no Dave Turdzik), Dwight and Jameer on rookie deals, SVG at coach and a boat load of cap room...oh and we are actually a desirable destination. Im thinking Henny would have been much much much much better about not wasting our assets and developing a squad Dwight would have stayed with forever. Lets just face it...Otis was way over his head and was really not qualified for any position than changing the urinal cakes at the old arena (and not the new one).