4. is Celtics

5. is Sixers

6. is Blazers

7. is Charlotte

8. is Raptors

9. is.....

10. is Pistons

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13284788/nba-ranking-young-cores-nba

The Sixers and Celtics above us???? The credibility of this ranking just got to tanking.

I'm excited about the Magic. I watched a lot of games last year and there were so many games we could have won if Dipo wasn't at the point or less minutes was given to Frye. I think people underestimate the addition of a coach like Skiles, who played for the Magic, and is out to prove doubters wrong. We are a freakishly talented and young team, but was not adequately prepared to win.

For those who are blind to see it, the Magic are looking more and more double edged sword. Players with versatility and nightmare line ups against other teams. Henny has learned from the Spurs model, it's the same configuration used by GS. Gone are the days of Shaq or a D12 dominating....

"The error bars on these kinds of forecasts are large by nature. For one thing, young players are inherently more difficult to project than veterans. And once you get beyond the coming season, the picture changes in ways that even the best projection model can't foresee."

The Sixers and Celtics above us???? The credibility of this ranking just got to tanking.

I'm excited about the Magic. I watched a lot of games last year and there were so many games we could have won if Dipo wasn't at the point or less minutes was given to Frye. I think people underestimate the addition of a coach like Skiles, who played for the Magic, and is out to prove doubters wrong. We are a freakishly talented and young team, but was not adequately prepared to win.

For those who are blind to see it, the Magic are looking more and more double edged sword. Players with versatility and nightmare line ups against other teams. Henny has learned from the Spurs model, it's the same configuration used by GS. Gone are the days of Shaq or a D12 dominating....

I think it's useless to say we are following a ____ model. It only invites criticism that we don't have a Duncan/Durant/curry yet.

Our model is draft the most talented player possible with a emphasis (whether intentional or coincidental) on individual defensive potential and leadership skills. The leadership is important as a lot of credit is placed on Durant and Westbrook for fostering a very competitive practice environment that many credit for the emergence of harden and ibaka. This is also part of the reason they got to the finals so early in their development curve.

The second step is supplementing the draft picks with free agents to hide weaknesses without stepping on the minutes of the young players.

The third step is improvement.

The fourth step is a fork. It's either contention with an established core and a constant shuffling of free agent role players or the Houston step. Continue to build the value of your players as assets to trade for another established star or build an appealing environment for a top free agent.

We're at the improvement step. We'll be here until we have a better idea of what we have. Boston might be at the Houston step with their aggressive shopping of everyone.

Junkie, Can you send me a PM with the links to anything that is written on the Magic? It seems like your always finding links and i care not for their opinion i just want to read information. I miss the days when we had a thread with any and all links to Magic info. Now i have to find them in the thread they were posted in, instead of just one central location.

I like him. We should get another point for training camp and another center.

Probably end up going with Harvey to compete with Appling.

I wouldn't mind bringing Seth Curry and Maurice Ndour in for camp. They both had good Summer League showings in Vegas and both are free agents at positions of potential need for us.

Orlando city is already getting a stadium built for themselves? It to forever to get the Amway center approved . Soccer money has to be ridiculous

I wouldn't mind bringing Seth Curry and Maurice Ndour in for camp. They both had good Summer League showings in Vegas and both are free agents at positions of potential need for us.

Didn't Curry sign with the Pels?

Orlando city is already getting a stadium built for themselves? It to forever to get the Amway center approved . Soccer money has to be ridiculous

Pretty sure ownership is financing the entire project.

Didn't Curry sign with the Pels?

I know he was on their summer league roster, but if he signed a contract for the season I missed it. Entirely possible though.

Edit: Just looked at the team web site, and nothing listed for Curry on either their roster or transaction pages.

Edited by jmmagicfan