Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Say all you want about that highlight reel thing, but the Suns were the better team that series and would have won if not for Horry assaulting Steve Nash. Everything went downhill for Dantoni after that. His system absolutely worked with the right players though. He probably would not be an effective coach now because basically every team uses his concepts

Still, you'd hope the coach would use that time to go over opponent tendencies, remind them of things that worked and didn't work during the season, etc. "Just go out and play harder" doesn't work against playoff teams outside of the first round.

Nobody can argue that d'Antoni's system doesn't work. It works just as well as the triangle, the Princeton offense, or whatever else you want to toss out there. The issue with d'antoni is he's too stubborn to adapt to his players or to make adjustments for the opponent. That loses games. That gets you eliminated from the playoffs. D'antoni's offense would likely run circles around teams like Portland or Memphis but would have major issues against any team that can pick up defenders on the move in fast breaks or switch up on pick and rolls. Milwaukee would reek havoc against the ssol offense because, with lineups full of guys that are taller than 6'6, they can defend whatever player is closer to them. A pick and roll is going to cause no mismatch.

I actually think Skiles makes some sense for us, we need a coach who can light a fire on our players asses. But he's not a long-term coach, it will be another stop-gap but he could be useful to get our players to compete and play the right way.

Thibs will be best coach on market but I really dislike how he plays his players 40 mins a game. Game 82 and hes playing Butler 40 minutes and Gasol 37 minutes. Thats way too much. I would not like that here. I dont think i would trade a 1st rounder for him.

Mike Malone and Alvin Gentry are the other two coaches I like. And I would *****in lose my mind if we hired Scott Brooks, ugh. He probably has ties with Henny too.

Watching a few of the exit interviews, was funny how at the end reporters danced around asking Rob the one question they wanted to ask but couldn't which was " So, you going to wait and see if Thibs gets fired?"

Also Rob said again that he didn't "envision Tobias not being with us next year".

Also Rob said again that he didn't "envision Tobias not being with us next year".

Which to me says a lot about whether we are going to be hiring Skiles. Unless of course Rob is just posturing.

Which to me says a lot about whether we are going to be hiring Skiles. Unless of course Rob is just posturing.

What else would he say? "Tobias will be with us if X team doesn't give him X contract." He's absolutely posturing IMO. Might as well let a team give him the max if they are dumb enough to do so(Knicks).

What else would he say? "Tobias will be with us if X team doesn't give him X contract." He's absolutely posturing IMO. Might as well let a team give him the max if they are dumb enough to do so(Knicks).

NBA teams aren't dumb. Regardless of what Rob says, a team is going to offer him something that they feel we can't match, if they really want him. And nothing Rob says right now is going to change that.

NYK isn't going to all of a sudden say "oh their GM said he's gonna match any offer, let's not waste time by offering a contract". In fact, they may now hit us hard with a big offer to see if Rob can back up his words.

The fact is, he told ticket holders via a private conference call that got leaked that we will bring him back at all costs. That isn't the same as posturing to the media. These are people he is held accountable to.

My personal theory is that Rob has done the math and has concluded that we can offer Harris exactly what he wants without handicapping our finances.