Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

The Spurs are the team I will root for above all others other than our Magic. They are a class organization from top to bottom. They do not have players, they have a team. I think these moves will quite possibly put them in the finals next year. It will be interesting to watch LeBron go up against Kawhi Leonard.

@daldridgetnt David West walked from $12M for $1.4M and a chance at a ring. Everybody's not in this just for the money.

Monte Mathis raves about AG

``First and foremost, he’s an unbelievable person and that goes hand-in-hand with how he works,’’ said Mathis, who was the designated head coach on Monday when the Magic’s Blue squad lost 73-65 to Oklahoma City. ``(Gordon’s) work ethic is one of the best that I’ve seen and I’ve been around (Dallas Mavericks superstar) Dirk Nowitzki for 10 years. And that (Gordon) kid puts in the time and that’s why he’s going to get better and better.’’

AG on playing the 3 or 4:

"Last year, I did play some 3 and 4 and I bounced back and forth, and it was difficult for me just being a rookie — the different sets, the different defenses — and I stepped up to that challenge," Gordon said. "And I worked it out throughout the whole season, so now I'm ready to play either."

Regarding the playoffs discussion, I know the Bucks were very good last year and while I would bet on them making the playoffs next season, I wouldn't say they are a lock. They're a young team that could struggle a little bit, and maybe be at our reach

The locks in the East (in my opinion) are the Cavs, Hawks and Bulls. Everybody else has a chance to miss the playoffs

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1 min

Mo Williams agreed to a two-year, $4.3M deal with Cleveland, including a player option, league sources tell Yahoo.

I was expecting this one. Great move for the Cavs, always thought Mo was underrated

The Godfather is back eh?

That reminds me, we use to have a godfather on these forums. Wonder where he vanished to.

I havnet liked Mo since he *****ed about Jameer making the all-star team over him. With that said the whole Cleveland storybook story is compelling and I find it hard not to root for them and their players. Hopefully the Magic can get it together so I can go back to hating them again.

Regarding the playoffs discussion, I know the Bucks were very good last year and while I would bet on them making the playoffs next season, I wouldn't say they are a lock. They're a young team that could struggle a little bit, and maybe be at our reach

The locks in the East (in my opinion) are the Cavs, Hawks and Bulls. Everybody else has a chance to miss the playoffs

I could see the Heat making too if healthy Mauro

pretty sure Murphy 13 said that our most talented line up does not involve Tobias.

Maybe i worded it wrong. Tobias is a sure starter in our most talented line up & he will start.

If Mario comes in as advertised and AG is improved at all then our most talented lineup does not include Tobias. Tobias is a sixth man both in style of play and skill level. This is evident in advanced metrics that take into account lineup compatibility: Not that we had many efficient lineups last season, but of our most efficient lineups, Harris was no closer than 6th on the 2,3, and 4-man lineups-which are a great measure for how well certain players play together throughout different parts of the game. In fact, aside from showing up in sixth place and eighth place on the four man lineup-the rest were in double digits (out of the top 20 lineups for each group respectively). It should also be noted that the two 5-man teams that Harris played the most minutes on finished with the two worst combined +/- out of the top 20 5-man lineups at -11.6 and -20.5. Our team average was -6.0 for reference. Just for posterity, Elfrid Payton was on each of the top 5 lists for 2,3,4, and 5 man teams except one where he was in 4/5, respectively. Alright, last edit: His offensive rating when considering time on/off the floor is a distant fourth on the team, with AG and Marble(?!?) right behind him. If he starts for us then we are destined for mediocrity at best unless someone else on the starting unit makes a huge jump in production. He would help the team most leading the second group.

Catman, you may come up with a few stats to support your opinion on how great Harris is, the problem is that I came up with two for every one you did to counter and yet you still are missing the big picture. But hey, you have plenty of time to preach your sermon here so the congregation is largely drinking the kool aid. Good for you.

I would love for Harris to come in and make significant improvement and become the star we all want him to be. Someone has to keep expectations tempered on him though because frankly they aren't warranted to be that high, and we have more interesting and cheap talent that at the very least duplicates what he does already.