Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

From my understanding, he was a UF lock up until Billy Donovan left for OKC. Either way, it's pretty awesome

Yeah, that makes sense because uf is legitimately a tier 2 basketball school. But when a recruit is down to picking between fsu and Kentucky fsu never wins that battle

Agreed. Harris, Vuc and Mario doesn't offer much defense in the front court. If (and its a big IF) Gordon is the future of the franchise, he only grows with playing time. Roll him out there and give him the minutes. Best case scenario is that Mario has to force his way into the starting 5. If he doesn't get a starting spot by default, then this team has some major decisions to make.

Seems to me that Mario's success would make Fournier a trade deadline asset. Even if he is part of the rotation, it seems as though he needs to be cashed in for an asset sooner rather than later.

Well, I believe, from the little I see, that Mario will be a good enough defender. I just hate plugging in a rook in the SL right away but I am in the same boat as you.

Let Mario ease his way into it. If he plays to the point where you have no choice but to start, reassess it. Rather if it's Fournier or Harris, you have either off the bench depth, or assets in future moves.

Yeah, that makes sense because uf is legitimately a tier 2 basketball school. But when a recruit is down to picking between fsu and Kentucky fsu never wins that battle

Yeah, our basketball recruiting is going crazy, Hamilton's gotta be using some dark magic or something haha

Any takers on Varejao in 3team trade with Cavs/Nets for Joe Johnson?

I think I'd welcome him as backup big, splitting mins with Dedmon.

Depends what we'd have to give up. Rather have Nene from the Wiz if we're after an injury prone big.

Depends what we'd have to give up. Rather have Nene from the Wiz if we're after an injury prone big.

I assume we'd give up nothing. Or nothing ish. Like that euro we just got

I would have to know what else we were getting to take him on. And what we were losing to match salaries.

I would have to know what else we were getting to take him on. And what we were losing to match salaries.

I'm pretty sure if the trade is made before Harris is signed we can absorb the salary

Kanter is the best player on that list, but doesn't fit in here at all (if we signed him I wouldn't be mad though). Jordan Hill just seems like a career underachiever that should be better defensively than he is.

Jason Smith = Pass

Lance Thomas = Pass

Sheraphin = Pass

Really I would have rather just kept Quinn over anyone on that list, but I would say Acy would be an okay backup.

Kanter has worse D the Vooch

Only players there i would sniff at are Jordan Hill and Quncy Acy ( only becoz if rob likes him he must see something i have not coz he is just hussle )

So our most talented lineup doesn't involve our 64 million dollar, highest paid player on the team? Not saying you're wrong with that statement either though.

Tobias is starting on our team that is 99.9% FACT!