Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

And it won't be Washington or Atlanta. I can see more questions with Washington making it over Atlanta, but still those 2 teams are safe bets to make it next season.

Boston/BRK are the 2 teams that made it last year that I could see not making it this year and a new team getting in. Maybe Toronto.

Edit: And this is why I said it's a complete uphill battle for us to make the playoffs. The East didn't get worse. If we make the playoffs next year it would be a big statement and greatly deserved.

Toronto will be better IMO. They added Caroll who is a perfect fit next to Derozoan. They are pretty deep at 4 and their C is solid. Obviously they have a star PG. I think They could be a top 4 seed.

I don't think they got the one seed by accident. That team played amazing basketball all season by distributing the ball and everyone playing to their strengths. No one ever tried to do too much on that team and if someone was having an off night it always seemed like someone else showed up to make up for their slack. For some reason, they just crumbled in the playoffs, they struggled with every team they played in some way. Brooklyn should've been a sweep and Washington nearly had them on the ropes if it wasn't for that bucket they took away from Pierce for stepping out of bounds. Atlanta will most likely still be a playoff team and quite possibly top three but the East did get a bit harder, Miami got Bosh back, Indiana got George back Cleveland will have Love and Irving back, and not to mention we're looking to make a spot into the playoffs, so this upcoming season will be interesting.

There was a reason they crumbled in the playoffs - they have no one on the wings who can create off the dribble. Once the Cavs figured this out, it was over. They also had a lot of injuries as well.

I actually think the Knicks have a shot at a late seed too, they added Afflalo, Lopez, Derrick Williams and KOQ so now they have actually NBA players to play alongside Melo.

Ehhh that team doesn't say +22 wins

There was a reason they crumbled in the playoffs - they have no one on the wings who can create off the dribble. Once the Cavs figured this out, it was over. They also had a lot of injuries as well.

Agreed, Korver going out was a huge hit for them and I'm sure Thabo would've had the assignment of guarding Lebron.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think Toronto could fall apart next year. I think Carroll was a good pick-up for them, but losing Lou Williams will hurt, and I've always thought that team was solidly built on shifting sand. They could also be really good this year, but everyone on that team is an enigma in one way or another. Kyle Lowry has always seemed like he's one bad shooting slump or sprained ankle away from being a real problem. And that's their All-Star. Just a weird team.

Toronto will be better IMO. They added Caroll who is a perfect fit next to Derozoan. They are pretty deep at 4 and their C is solid. Obviously they have a star PG. I think They could be a top 4 seed.

That's true I keep forgetting they added Caroll for some reason. They should be a lock too. If were getting in, it's because we beat out Boston or BRK.

Cavs

Bulls

Hawks

Raptors

Bucks

Wizards

Should all be safe bets to make it, barring unpredictable injuries.

And it won't be Washington or Atlanta. I can see more questions with Washington making it over Atlanta, but still those 2 teams are safe bets to make it next season.

Boston/BRK are the 2 teams that made it last year that I could see not making it this year and a new team getting in. Maybe Toronto.

Edit: And this is why I said it's a complete uphill battle for us to make the playoffs. The East didn't get worse. If we make the playoffs next year it would be a big statement and greatly deserved.

Really though, zero chance at Washington going -8 in wins when they lost depth and Bradley Beal misses something like 20 games every year? Nene is 33. They finished the season going 19-23.

A zero percent chance?

No never thought or think they are a contender in the East. The Cavs have the East on wraps, maybe the Bulls can semi challenge them. I'm just going off of you saying they aren't a playoff team next year. They'll make the playoffs easily, but no they aren't winning the East.

They won 60 games last season, even if they're 10 games worse and "come back to earth" they still win 50.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Maybe I should have got the ol pen and paper out before I shot my mouth off. So here goes, in no particular order:

Cleveland

Milwaukee

Toronto

Chicago

Miami

Indiana

Those teams I feel are all not only playoff teams, but teams that will be better than Atlanta next year. I almost put Washington, because I do feel Wall and Beal will take that next step as a duo, but they did lose quite a bit. We're still talking about the Hawks being a 7th or 8th seed next year, so I wasn't that far off.

And doing this I've realized we are not making the playoffs next year.

Really though, zero chance at Washington going -8 in wins when they lost depth and Bradley Beal misses something like 20 games every year? Nene is 33. They finished the season going 19-23.

A zero percent chance?

If Beal misses 20 games than obviously there is a chance. But one could equally say maybe Beal stays healthy, both Wall and Beal are better (Wall 24, Beal just 22), and Wizards go +8. Porter should be better too.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Maybe I should have got the ol pen and paper out before I shot my mouth off. So here goes, in no particular order:

Cleveland

Milwaukee

Toronto

Chicago

Miami

Indiana

Those teams I feel are all not only playoff teams, but teams that will be better than Atlanta next year. I almost put Washington, because I do feel Wall and Beal will take that next step as a duo, but they did lose quite a bit. We're still talking about the Hawks being a 7th or 8th seed next year, so I wasn't that far off.

And doing this I've realized we are not making the playoffs next year.

HAHA. That's funny because in the "Predictions/Expectations" thread, I originally had us in. Than when I broke down the East, I realized "****, it's going to be really tough and an uphill battle for us to make it".

People that have the "playoff or bust mentality" need to give the East another good look and possibly lower expectations a tad and just be happy winning +10 and being in the playoff conversation.

Indiana in over Atlanta? Bold.