Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Henny.

We all got to be impressed with how well this offseason has gone without us signing a big name. I love majority of our roster and making. There is becoming a long list of accomplishments Henny has done (including Jacque Vaughn, we needed to lose games to gain high placed picks.... clearly the best guy for the job).

Time to start seeing everything paying off on the court. He had a plan and he is sticking to it, no moves that were not thought of thoroughly before being made (No Otis).

I think we'll see Harvey and Appling both battling for that 15th roster and final roster spot. Appling is more NBA ready for sure but Harvey's shooting ability and the acquiring of Napier will make it harder for Appling in my opinion. It'll definitely be interesting

I think the final roster will be as follows:

PG: Payton, Watson, Napier

SG: Oladipo, Fournier

SF: Gordon, Hezonja, Marble

PF: Harris, Frye, Nicholson

C: Vucevic, Smith, Dedmon

Appling/Harvey???

Does anyone think Henny brought in Watson with a chance to actually start? I'm sure Watson would be more than okay with a bench role but he can run a team. We're looking to make playoffs this year so it wouldn't surprise me if Watson started if he outplays Payton in TC.

Does anyone think Henny brought in Watson with a chance to actually start? I'm sure Watson would be more than okay with a bench role but he can run a team. We're looking to make playoffs this year so it wouldn't surprise me if Watson started if he outplays Payton in TC.

I think Payton starts regardless, and CJ plays a "bench" role for instant offense... even if he outplays him early on. The competition will be good for Elf

Watson would have to have a career year to pass Payton. Watson is a perfect backup.

I think we'll see Harvey and Appling both battling for that 15th roster and final roster spot. Appling is more NBA ready for sure but Harvey's shooting ability and the acquiring of Napier will make it harder for Appling in my opinion. It'll definitely be interesting

I think the final roster will be as follows:

PG: Payton, Watson, Napier

SG: Oladipo, Fournier

SF: Gordon, Hezonja, Marble

PF: Harris, Frye, Nicholson

C: Vucevic, Smith, Dedmon

Appling/Harvey???

I think neither of them get selected and we keep our 15th spot free for any moves during the season or if we get a long term injury.

As for CJ starting, no chance. He will be great for Payton and we now have one of the better back up PG in the league. It would not surprise me to see him play more minutes than Payton on Payton's off nights.

I think neither of them get selected and we keep our 15th spot free for any moves during the season or if we get a long term injury.

As for CJ starting, no chance. He will be great for Payton and we now have one of the better back up PG in the league. It would not surprise me to see him play more minutes than Payton on Payton's off nights.

Agree with you my fellow Aussie.

• Upvote 1

I don't get why the Heat did this. Can we make sure this guy is not injured???? This move makes no sense for the Heat.

A few things, most of which have already been mentioned:

1) PG depth chart. Dragic, Chalmers ahead of him.

2) Salary. Not paying that much for a 3rd stringer (but I think that's what he'll be for us :tongue:)

3) Roster spots. I believe they were at 20? Maybe 19. Regardless, they were looking to trim it down and Napier was an obvious cut.