Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

• Magic Mike
    Alex,

Couple random Magic thoughts I would love to get your feedback on. First, what do you think would have happened with Tobias Harris if the Magic were successful in their pursuit of Paul Millsap? Do you think the Maturation of the Magic’s youth in conjunction with their incoming free agents will give them enough lift to make the jump this season? Doesn’t it feel like a big trade is on the Magic’s horizon in the next calendar year??????

• Alex Kennedy
      1. Good question about Tobias Harris. I think the Magic still would’ve re-signed Harris if they landed Paul Millsap (but we’ll never know for sure). Tobias has made it very clear that he doesn’t see himself as a power forward and doesn’t want to play the four (even though I feel this would be his best position), so I don’t think the Millsap move would’ve affected him too much. Also, I think Orlando would rather bring Harris back and then trade him than let an asset walk away – that way they could at least get something back for him. Not to mention, the Magic really need players who can score and create their own shot, so I think that’s why Tobias makes sense alongside this group.

2. I think the Magic will show improvement and be in the mix for the eighth seed, but they may still be one year away from making the playoffs. I do think the Scott Skiles hire will help tremendously, as he’s a huge upgrade over Jacque Vaughn and should get more out of the players. I also think we’ll see Victor Oladipo, Nik Vucevic, Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon, etc. continue to develop. Still, I’m not sure they’ll be able to crack the top eight in the East this year, as the conference has quietly improved.

3. Yes, it’s very possible we see Orlando make a move. They have been stockpiling young talent, and a big trade is always possible when a team has a ton of attractive assets. The Millsap move shows that the organization wants to win now, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them be active and look at all of their trade options.

http://www.basketbal...-kennedy-72315/

Zach Lowe on the podcast today:

Orlando is the buzz team right now. Aaron Gordon is shooting threes right now. Tobias Harris just got a massive deal. Elfrid Payton is funky and Oladipo is funky and Vucevic is almost a 20/10 guy. I kinda agree that they're still a year away. I think they're going to be improved. The Scott Skiles bump is real. I don't know if they're going to make quite a big enough jump. I think they won 25 games last year. 25 to the playoffs is a pretty big jump even in the east.

Zach Lowe on the podcast today:

Orlando is the buzz team right now. Aaron Gordon is shooting threes right now. Tobias Harris just got a massive deal. Elfrid Payton is funky and Oladipo is funky and Vucevic is almost a 20/10 guy. I kinda agree that they're still a year away. I think they're going to be improved. The Scott Skiles bump is real. I don't know if they're going to make quite a big enough jump. I think they won 25 games last year. 25 to the playoffs is a pretty big jump even in the east.

Where can I listen to this podcast?

Is it an exclusive Magic cast or has other takings involved.

Where can I listen to this podcast?

Is it an exclusive Magic cast or has other takings involved.

Grantland.com click podcasts.

He talks with Jared Dudley about stuff. There's not much about the magic but it is mostly eastern conference. Dudley gives a good example of Milwaukee trading him for nothing as a gesture like what we did for harkless.

It's a good listen.

Yep listened last night. It's great.

Also I have trouble with that Kennedy article where he claims T12 doesn't want to play PF. After reading Lowe directly quoting him saying that he is bulking up for more work at PF, it leads me to believe that Kennedy gets his information either late or not directly from the players.

Grantland.com click podcasts.

He talks with Jared Dudley about stuff. There's not much about the magic but it is mostly eastern conference. Dudley gives a good example of Milwaukee trading him for nothing as a gesture like what we did for harkless.

It's a good listen.

Cheers

There is a podcast on OMD reviewing the Magics offseason that I need to listen to aswell. Has anyone listened to that yet, think I may do so while chopping onions tomorrow haha

Cheers

There is a podcast on OMD reviewing the Magics offseason that I need to listen to aswell. Has anyone listened to that yet, think I may do so while chopping onions tomorrow haha

I like their writing. They're one of the only decent magic sites. Are their podcasts any good?

Anyone ever click on the last button to read the horrible panic impulse threads. I get a wonderful laugh out of it. I had a couple of horrible threads myself. People panicking about JJ having five minutes. Jameer shouldn't start.

Hmm...adding to this...

apparently..everything that happened since Dwight was traded spans 20(22*) pages? Wow.