Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Yes you are right it is about Vuc. Harris was above the league average at 16.7

The rest of my info still stands. He rated on the top 3 of our team in TS% as well, which is a very nice measure of offensive efficiency.

I'm not bent at all about Harris. I said he would get a max offer and he did. I am just explaining why I expect him to improve this season instead of regress. I don't really see a ton of data that tells me a 22 year old who improved his game this past season is going to get worse in a better scheme.

I also do not look at Harris and see Powe or Glen Davis. That analogy doesnt make much sense if you just use an eye test, which is why I never base my entire argument just on stats.

Harris's biggest issue to me, is injuries.

Worst case he is a great trade asset for the team. Best case, we kept a core piece and have a very dynamic and athletic lineup we can roll out next season and win with.

I think we can all pretty much guarantee that our DEFENSE is going to be a whole lot better due to Skiles alone.

I mean it can't get worse. It was terrible no matter who was on the floor last year. That is why I believe it is a scheme issue more than anything.

Davis and Powe, in particular, were very good players for a time. There is nothing wrong with that comparison. He reminds me a lot of Powe actually, with D more like Davis. I agree about the durability thing, all the more reason why I don't think he should be trying to play up to the four...he doesn't need that extra weight.

I want him to succeed, I really do. The only thing he has really improved on the last 3 seasons though was his corner three. That is why is TS% is as high as it is. He is young, but his output has largely been the same since he got here. He is what he is.

• Upvote 1

Right but he has only been here two seasons and played in a poor scheme, while still improving his stats in most categories.

I think he is a guy who can give us 18ppg and shoot 38% from 3 this season. That will justify his contract.

Right but he has only been here two seasons and played in a poor scheme, while still improving his stats in most categories.

I think he is a guy who can give us 18ppg and shoot 38% from 3 this season. That will justify his contract.

Lets hope he becomes that. That is what we ALL want & more if possible.

Is Redick, for example, worth 64 million dollars? He gets roughly the same ppg as Harris on better three %, considerably less usage to boot-same PER. And he became at least an average defender at a more difficult position to defend. 18 on 38% aint much, that's my point-not that Redick is the standard.

Also, you say Harris improved his stats in most categories....which categories are you looking at bc the only one I see is 3pt%. The rest are down or the same.

We all can agree that there has been a poor scheme in place for the last two seasons. My question is, with the new scheme in place, what makes you think Harris will stand to benefit personally from it? From my understanding of what Skiles has done with his teams in the past, its not friendly to subpar defenders or volume shooters. Maybe things change? Harris has what it takes, but he is going to have his work cut out for him.

• Upvote 1

From my understanding of what Skiles has done with his teams in the past, its not friendly to subpar defenders or volume shooters.

I think you could argue that Ben Gordon is/was both a sub par defender and volume shooter and he played a lot of his best basketball under Skiles.

• Upvote 1