Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

It rumored the cave are trying to dump varejo to get Joe Johnson, idk how long his contract is but I would take him on for sure.

JJ, if Oladipo can continue to be a more consistent shooter he is fine next to Payton. The main issue with those two is the lack of shooting. Interested in Victor can improve there this season.

On that, we certainly agree. I'm hopeful there. He's still a hard worker, he got better last year. He had some stretches where he was pretty darn good from downtown, he just couldn't maintain it, and he'd slip into some pretty epic slumps. I'd bet on him getting more consistent, even if he'll never be Ray Allen or even Michael Finley. 35% plus with less highs and lows should make people stay on him a bit more out there; and I think that's fairly realistic.

Don't know if anyone else posted this or not:

:shard:/>

I had a feeling something like that would come out. Very impressed that Harris camp chose to keep the fact that Detroit, Boston, New Orleans and more impressively Sacramento all offered max contracts. Usually player agents leak that information to increase leverage quite quickly. I think it shows that Tobias truly did want to still be here and we can take all reports of otherwise like a grain of salt. I am excited we have him back and we have him back with the energy that he actually chose us over any of those other three teams (New Orleans could have been an exciting opportunity for him to take).

Credit for Henny for keeping the leverage in the situation and signing him for less than those three teams had on the table and Sacramento with the offer sheet, also with allowing us to have the power to trade him early if needed.

Credit for Harris by proving it is not all about money and that he truly wants to be here. I think there was quite a bit of maturity in how this all played out, we all know that an agents number one priority is to get the most money possible for their client (and themselves). Showed a lot for him to not get involved in the game and to sign for less and not force Orlando to match an offer sheet.

• Upvote 1

Restricted free agent guard Reggie Jackson has agreed to a five-year, $80M extension with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo.

@ZachLowe_NBA Being generous w/ your own free agents sews good will, but who was outbidding DET for Reggie Jackson at this point?