Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

GO ORLANDO CITY !!!...PLAYOFF BOUND !!!

Grew up not caring about the sport but after my kids got me to go to a game I now consider myself an avid fan.

Never seen such passion in Orlando...fans standing and chanting the entire 90 minutes for a Wednesday night game, lol.

Being from Kentucky never understood the mentality of Magic fans...many leave the game with 5 minutes to go even if the score is tied...dog and pony show.

Magic fans could learn a lot going to an Orlando City game.

It's because the common man can't afford lower bowl tickets and rich people don't like being loud in Orlando I guess.

Orlando city tickets are very affordable so younger people can go to more games.

Magic crowds have always sucked. I'm just glad it's a smart crowd that knows to be loud during key moments and in big games.

Grew up not caring about the sport but after my kids got me to go to a game I now consider myself an avid fan.

Never seen such passion in Orlando...fans standing and chanting the entire 90 minutes for a Wednesday night game, lol.

Being from Kentucky never understood the mentality of Magic fans...many leave the game with 5 minutes to go even if the score is tied...dog and pony show.

If passionate fans turn you on, I suggest you try to take in a soccer game in South America sometime. I did that once. I'm lucky to be alive to talk about it.

@Quietstorm_32

Ready and excited for the next chapter in Orlando can't wait to get started with the young bucks lol they will keep me youthful I'm sure lol

Well it must be summer if we're getting comments like this one. Only a couple of months ago people couldn't wait for the season to end. Now a short time later, people can't wait for the next season to start and our "young bucks" to play exciting basketball. I've seen almost the exact same comments the previous two summers.

I am more hopeful this season than the past three because of the coaching change but I still recognize the major shortfalls this team has. Right now I'm still thinking we're barely looking at 30 wins with current roster. That starting lineup of Vuch/Harris/?/Dipo/Payton will be swiss cheese defensively in the paint.

Apparently you aren't familiar with the expression. It's meant to convey how horrible an argument or statement someone has made, in that nothing said in response could possibly do any good. You see, sometimes someone makes a very stupid comment, but someone else can come along and offer a response that could possibly turn the comment into something that resembles something sane, maybe by offering a different perspective. Your comment that AG is capable of Favors production because he just showed it in a summer league game is....literally....impossible to bring into the realm of sanity. Therefore the expression, there are literally no words is appropriate, because nothing I or anyone else can say could possibly save that disaster of a comment. It requires actual words to use that expression.

Now go back to telling us all how AG just proved he's Favors because of a summer league game.

Thanks for the laugh is right.

You, literally, ramble without substance...Literally.

• Upvote 1

Well it must be summer if we're getting comments like this one. Only a couple of months ago people couldn't wait for the season to end. Now a short time later, people can't wait for the next season to start and our "young bucks" to play exciting basketball. I've seen almost the exact same comments the previous two summers.

I am more hopeful this season than the past three because of the coaching change but I still recognize the major shortfalls this team has. Right now I'm still thinking we're barely looking at 30 wins with current roster. That starting lineup of Vuch/Harris/?/Dipo/Payton will be swiss cheese defensively in the paint.

That's CJ Watson.

How do we see the Magic's starting 5 playing out?

Payton

Oladipo

Harris/Gordon

Gordon/Harris

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Harris

Frye

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Hezonja

Harris

Vucevic

If I had to guess I think we might start the season with the middle lineup and end the season with the top lineup and let Hezonja be the number 1 option when he's with the bench unit and be more of a spot up shooter with the starters in. I can envision a situation with our roster similar to last years Bucks where our best guys average 30-32 minutes a night and our bench gets a lot of burn and we mix and match the minutes on different night depending on who's hot and who's not.

This is the first time since the rebuild started where I've felt some confidence in our bench. A bench lineup that could potentially be Watson/Fournier/Hezonja/Gordon/Dedmon seems like it has a chance to win us some games rather than last season where we were blowing leads with the bench unit in. Lots of time left though for trades and to add more free agents so we'll see. Hopefully we can stay relatively healthy though.

I think we start the season with this

I agree.

Or maybe we don't "start" with this but I think it's our primary lineup during the game

Payton

Oladipo

Harris/Gordon

Gordon/Harris

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Harris

Frye

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Hezonja

Harris

Vucevic

If I had to guess I think we might start the season with the middle lineup and end the season with the top lineup and let Hezonja be the number 1 option when he's with the bench unit and be more of a spot up shooter with the starters in. I can envision a situation with our roster similar to last years Bucks where our best guys average 30-32 minutes a night and our bench gets a lot of burn and we mix and match the minutes on different night depending on who's hot and who's not.

This is the first time since the rebuild started where I've felt some confidence in our bench. A bench lineup that could potentially be Watson/Fournier/Hezonja/Gordon/Dedmon seems like it has a chance to win us some games rather than last season where we were blowing leads with the bench unit in. Lots of time left though for trades and to add more free agents so we'll see. Hopefully we can stay relatively healthy though.

If Gordon continues to show what he did yesterday than I like your first scenario for sure. However I wouldn't mind scenario three with Gordon bringing energy off the bench as a 6th man and spilling both Hezonja and Harris. I feel we need to have a knock down shooter on the floor at all times.

I watched that game downtown last night and people were into it. It was fun. Also pretty amazing they red carded Kaka for nothing.Love having another pro sport in Orlando

It's because the common man can't afford lower bowl tickets and rich people don't like being loud in Orlando I guess.

Orlando city tickets are very affordable so younger people can go to more games.

Magic crowds have always sucked. I'm just glad it's a smart crowd that knows to be loud during key moments and in big games.

Yes Magic crowds are upper class but I think we forget the amazing things we have had in the past when the teams were winning. The arena gets loud and the fans are very passionate about the team. Its a smart crowd for sure, and I believe that is also the bad part at times. They know when a team is going to be bad pretty quickly and tune it out.

If passionate fans turn you on, I suggest you try to take in a soccer game in South America sometime. I did that once. I'm lucky to be alive to talk about it.

LOL. A friend of mine told me the same story. Those stadiums are not built well and there is no security in there. He was amazed to have survived it.

Barely 30 is a negative outlook, but the starting lineup's paint defense will need to be addressed for sure. I want to see what Skiles can do before I judge too much. Also, if Gordon wins the starting job I believe he will be a big help in the paint on D and on offense will be working on the wing so Tobias can post up more.

Payton

Oladipo

Harris/Gordon

Gordon/Harris

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Harris

Frye

Vucevic

Or

Payton

Oladipo

Hezonja

Harris

Vucevic

I see the last lineup as the one we go with. If Gordon keeps having these monster games, I can see the firstl line up happening as well. I just think we're still going to ease Aaron into that starting roll.