Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Where did anyone say that people were comparing AG's play to Favors last season? When did that even become part of the discussion? Oh, not until you made it up with your first "point". Were you really that desperate for an argument that you decided to make one up? Next time you're "feeling nice", I hope that coincides with you also feeling honest.

You do realize that the very first post I quoted made direct reference to Favors stats from last season, right? And that that is what Gordon was being compared to?

I'm honestly not sure what to say to this. It was like 3 sentences, and you seem to be arguing that the most basic interpretation of those three sentences must have been wrong, because there weren't five more sentences explaining them.

I would take Favors over AG because the absolute best case scenario for AG is that one day way down the line he will become Favors (according to our most optimistic fans).

Their games aren't even vaguely similar.

Expediting the process and getting Favors now would make a lot of sense.

It really wouldn't, because of how NBA contract lengths work.

The rim protection aspect is only one small part of it.

It was literally the first point that was made. Out of two.

The fact is Favors, in my mind, is a much better player than I believe AG has the capability of ever being.

Based on what?

Also, why is anyone supposed to respect your opinion, backed up by nothing, when you seem to not be able to shut up about how much you don't respect the opinions of the people who want to keep Gordon over Favors?

The argument is useless, of course, because Utah would never offer Favors straight up for AG, no sane GM ever would.

Going through it in my head, I can think of at least 10 teams that would absolutely rather have Gordon than Favors right now, based on their team needs and trajectories.

But I also know, based on the fact that you didn't mention anything beyond the first point I made, that you stopped reading my post as soon as you got to something you thought you could argue against via the awesome power of "Um, actually".

Goodbye Kyle. Hope Nicholson is next and maybe Harkless as well

Kyle was the most successful of those 3 and he was a 2nd round pick

yeah i like Kyle. I think we probably wanted to keep him. But for that price maybe a tad too steep.

I wish him the best.

@JoshuaBRobbins Mario Hezonja: "First of all, I think we did a great job as a group out there. Outstanding chemistry."

Asked if he wants to attempt game-winning shots, Hezonja said: "Of course. Everybody wants that."

Hezonja was said to be cocky. But after his big shot today, he said, "“I think my teammates did a great job that I look good today.”

This was so overstated during the draft process. It was annoying than and annoying now. The kid is just confident. And even if he is cocky, since when is that a bad thing? I can't wait for that to be put to rest.

Kobe = Cocky

Jordan = Cocky

Shaq = Cocky

Iverson = Cocky

Kareem = Cocky

Rick Barry = Cocky

Those are just some names off the top of my head. Give me cocky. Give me confident. Give me a winner.

Mario was asked if he welcomes the chance to take game-winning shots.

"Of course," he answered. "Everybody wants that."

Another question followed.

"Do you feel comfortable in that situation?"

A few seconds passed.

"I wouldn't be here if I don't," He said.

@Quietstorm_32

Ready and excited for the next chapter in Orlando can't wait to get started with the young bucks lol they will keep me youthful I'm sure lol

It's funny to see Knicks fans thinking that KOQ is the second coming of Marc gasol. Oh how disappointed they will be lmao

He's on a good deal. It's a solid pickup.

Expecting more than a decent 4th big is a mistake, but it's nothing terrible.

You claimed some of us were putting forth the argument that the pro-AG crowd feels he is already as good as Favors.

I'm pretty sure I'd remember it if I wrote something where I made a claim that I'm not even sure makes sense grammatically, let alone in terms of actual basketball.

But I get it: you get mad when I infer things, even when they're so obviously the point being made that even the person I was responding to made no effort to argue that it wasn't his point, but you can infer whatever you want if it means you don't have to actually engage the arguments I'm making. Cool.

I like to give people chances, but it's pretty clear that talking to you is never going to be worth my time. I'm just going to put you back on my ignore list.

It's funny to see Knicks fans thinking that KOQ is the second coming of Marc gasol. Oh how disappointed they will be lmao

I popped in on their RealGM board and everybody is clamoring for him to start next to Lopez. They are real happy with the acquisition.