Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

To try to convince Tobias to stay, what else could it be?

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins 3h3 hours ago

.@VTmaroonUni Tobias Harris' dad was George Gervin's agent. Tobias Harris has additional representation, also.

having two different people handling your dealings could complicate things IMO

Last sentence sounds like Rob is gonna sit tight for a while.

And are they really talking to Tobias's dad?! For what?

I think Tobias father is his agent or main rep

If so then 32 games isnt much of an improvement, i mean it will be the first time in 3yrs we break 30, but from a strategic standpoint its a failed season. This being year #4 for Henny he is going to have to show more. Free Agency I believe is highly important and should be maximized, however Henny hasnt done much with these periods. Understandably we were strapped for cash, but last year could of went better and this year looks like a repeat.

all i know is we will need big jumps from all the young guns, there is still no veteran on this team who has won and can play late in games

Sure, it would be nice if it helps us but it might help the Lakers too, do you want that?

In an ideal world the Lakers would suck for years to come and stay in lottery purgatory like the Kings. But at the same time, if a deal can be made that helps this team get better, and that means helping the Lakers, so be it. They are in a different conference, so it's not like helping them would put a road block to us getting to the finals (a trade with the Knicks could if all worked out). We may feel it when we play them in regular season, or if the both of us make it to the finals, but other than that, if a trade with them makes us better or helps us - do it.

magic will use their cap room to sign a bunch of 9th/10th/11th guys like last summer and improve to 32 wins

this has not been a good start to free agency

it pisses me off they wasted time chasing millsap when brandan wright was out there for a great price and would fill an immediate need

If we lose Harris, and don't make any significant additions through free agency or trades, this team may struggle to get to 32 wins unless the young players take a huge step forwards.

I think chasing Millsap was the right thing to do. All that happened is he decided to stay on a contender and take a deal that will let him opt out after two years, and hit free agency again for another pay day. With us, we offered him more money now, but the opportunity here would be for him to become "the guy" and make this "his" team and carry it on his back (eg like Al Jefferson did in Charlotte). Not surprised he stuck with the Hawks, better chance of a ring.

Faried is 25 and works hard, but no matter how you dress him up, he's not a shooter. For the sake of Payton and Oladipo, we NEEDED a stretch 4. Milsap was a perfect fit. Faried has not shot, thus again clogging the lane for our slashing guards.

No matter how much we don't like Frye, HE IS a stretch 4! We have one on our team, and a pretty good one too. Yeah he sucked last year, but our whole team did.

We need a defensive minded PF.

depending on what Philly does with JT and Landry, we could potentially pick on of those guys up for cheap.

Clearly there are no first choice PF's available now, so it might come down to securing a back up PF which won't cost us too much and which will help the team.

Favours is a name that keeps popping up, but you'd think we'd have to give up a lot to get him, whether it be future firsts or AG.

Right now i believe no one wants to come to Orlando. What we have to do is what Milwaukee did. Get a good coach n grind and make the playoffs. Thats what we have to do. I don't care if we make the 8th seed and lose. But if we can show that we can show the nba that we are 1 player away then we would have a greater chance of attracting a star. We need a PF right now and we need scoring. Andrea Bargnani would be my choice on team friendly contract 3yrs but only 1st yr guarantee. He needs to restart his career and he can bring lots of tangibles to the team and hopefully a lil more spot light. He can also play center. He can be a great pf for second unit with out sacrificing scroring.