Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Sure we've either been out of the runnings or missed on a lot of the top available free agents out there this summer, but I don't see why S&T Tobias wouldn't be another viable option for us to get the PF help we need. Even if we do end up signing him to a close to max deal, as Cat has said it's still a favorable contract in the grand scheme of things.

So while yes it would be an asset for us later on, no reason why it couldn't be a workable asset for us now. Any other front office team that has the brains to see his contract as an asset (minus the Kings of course) I think would at least entertain the idea of a trade if they happened to be intrigued by Tobias. I truly wonder if some of this train of thought could be why we haven't heard of Tobias signing an offer sheet (Henny, you brewin a lil sumthin sumthin?)

Let's just say we could go the route of S&T Tobias. Who do you think would be plausible pieces we could get back that would benefit us?

Sure we've either been out of the runnings or missed on a lot of the top available free agents out there this summer, but I don't see why S&T Tobias wouldn't be another viable option for us to get the PF help we need. Even if we do end up signing him to a close to max deal, as Cat has said it's still a favorable contract in the grand scheme of things.

So while yes it would be an asset for us later on, no reason why it couldn't be a workable asset for us now. Any other front office team that has the brains to see his contract as an asset (minus the Kings of course) I think would at least entertain the idea of a trade if they happened to be intrigued by Tobias. I truly wonder if some of this train of thought could be why we haven't heard of Tobias signing an offer sheet (Henny, you brewin a lil sumthin sumthin?)

Let's just say we could go the route of S&T Tobias. Who do you think would be plausible pieces we could get back that would benefit us?

Typically a sign and trade doesn't get a good return

S&T Tobias and O'quinn, throw in Harkless, send to the Thunder for Ibaka.

That would benefit us right? :creaturedance:

• Upvote 1

Based on the top PERs for power forwards last season, the top young and possibly available PFs might be:

6. Derrick Favors

10. Ed Davis

15. Terrence Jones

Davis could be had in free agency. Favors and Jones would have to be acquired in trade. Not sure if feasible in a Tobias deal.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf

I'm just saying...all of the free agents I think we should target are still available

Aaron Brooks/CJ Watson/Jeremy Lin -- Back up PG who won't let us down whenever Payton needs a breather

Kevin Seraphin/Quincy Acy/Tyler Hansborough -- PF who are scrappy and bring energy. I think Acy/Hans are bench guys. Seraphin could be our starter

Kosta Koufus as our back up Center

Landry Fields/Richard Jefferson -- SF who will help Mario but won't take his minutes.

Most of the guys I mentioned are good locker room guys (as far as I know) and most would bring a lot of vet leadership to the roster.

I think we look to S&T Harris, while throwing in Nicholson+Deadmon -- then look to get another big or we include Fournier and look to improve a backup SG

PG: Payton/Brooks/Harvey

SG: Oladipo/Fournier/Marble

SF: Hezonja/Fields/Harkless

PF: Seraphin/Gordon/Nicholson

C: Vucevic/OQuinn/Deadmon

I'm just saying...all of the free agents I think we should target are still available

Aaron Brooks/CJ Watson/Jeremy Lin -- Back up PG who won't let us down whenever Payton needs a breather

Kevin Seraphin/Quincy Acy/Tyler Hansborough -- PF who are scrappy and bring energy. I think Acy/Hans are bench guys. Seraphin could be our starter

Kosta Koufus as our back up Center

Landry Fields/Richard Jefferson -- SF who will help Mario but won't take his minutes.

Most of the guys I mentioned are good locker room guys (as far as I know) and most would bring a lot of vet leadership to the roster.

I think we look to S&T Harris, while throwing in Nicholson+Deadmon -- then look to get another big or we include Fournier and look to improve a backup SG

PG: Payton/Brooks/Harvey

SG: Oladipo/Fournier/Marble

SF: Hezonja/Fields/Harkless

PF: Seraphin/Gordon/Nicholson

C: Vucevic/OQuinn/Deadmon

Seraphin isn't a starter. Oladipo is probably getting a big chunk of the backup point guard minutes.

[#CSTART-6] The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

This reminds me of the old chat rooms :|...

Iirc that's an issue with your browser

Someone has to do something about that inane hum that before all of these live streams sooner or later. Goodness. :svgsad:

• Upvote 1

Seraphin isn't a starter. Oladipo is probably getting a big chunk of the backup point guard minutes.

You don't think Seraphin could develop into one? I think he's still growing and could be a Greg Monroe/Ibaka type player

Whenever he was given minutes in the WAS series, he produced. I think if given the opportunity he could do it again.

I also think it would be good to have someone else be the primary backup PG for Payton instead of having Dipo run it because I think it would serve him more if he could just focus on developing as a SG, but that's just my opinion.

Watching the player press conference and Rob said they will continue to be aggressive in FA for what that is worth...but I really like Mario's swag even coming through in the presser. He's joking with the media guys already and seem really confident while coming across humble for the opportunity.

Also FA News: Monta Ellis to the Pacers