Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Hennigan is proving he is a great GM. If he does pull this off, it will be one of the best Magic offseasons I can remember.

Well we met with him right at 12:01 last night so clearly he is the priority for the organization. Likely because they knew it was futile to try and sign the other big names. I feel like if we don't get Millsap we are unlikely to sign another big name.

I was thinking about it yesterday- imagine Vucevic's contract in 3 years after the salary cap spikes. He could easily be the biggest bargain in the NBA, sans players on rookie contracts

I wouldn't cringe. By the time he's in Year 3 of his contract, the cap will have gone up to over $100 million probably. His contract will be 30% of our cap space this season, but if the cap is $100-$110 million, it would only be about 18%-20% of our cap space. A 20% of cap space contract today is $13.5 million, and he should still be worth that level of investment at the end of his deal.

That is not bad then, that makes me feel better, thank you

Annnndd this is the reason why Hennigan is so high on Milsap I bet:

His WAR of 11.04 ranked him second to only Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans in 2014-15 among eligible players at that position. Overall, he averaged 16.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.8 steals in 32.7 minutes per game with a true shooting percentage of 56.5.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/nba/story/_/id/13179917/paul-millsap-mulling-max-deals-atlanta-hawks-orlando-magic

As a numbers guy, you know Henny was all over this.

• Upvote 1

Yes definitely. The main reason besides the money difference, is that Millsap is playing his natural position and won't need to take HGH to do so at an all-star level.

Hgh?

Hgh?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4381822

Lewis suspended 10 games by NBA

8/7/2009 - NBA RASHARD LEWIS +1 more

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis tested positive for an elevated testosterone level and was suspended Thursday for 10 games.

Lewis said in a statement that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the NBA.

"First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty," Lewis said. "I apologize to Magic fans, my teammates and this organization for not doing the research that should come with good judgment."

He will be suspended without pay for the first 10 regular-season games for which he is eligible and physically able to play. He will be docked about $1.6 million of his $18 million salary for the 2009-10 season.

The Orlando Sentinel first reported the positive test Thursday.

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy reached out to Lewis when he learned of the suspension, according to the Sentinel. "He's one of the best people in this league and has been a model citizen and a great team guy and simply made a very innocent mistake," Van Gundy told the newspaper.