Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Right, but that's still saying that most of these guys would be getting something like 4 years/50 mill under old math someone is going to end up getting underpaid.

Ill be interested in what the Magic offer Koufos. They have a lot of $$$.

I posted this exact opinion 2 weeks ago and got flamed to all hell for it.

The funny part is people said he is not a starter and would not get a max deal.

I wouldn't say you got flamed. Nobody insulted you. People disagreed with you, which is the very purpose of a forum - discussion etc.

That being said I thought it was a bad idea then and I think its a bad idea now to offer Carroll the max. Much rather pay that money to Tobias who has a lot more room to grow and isn't at risk of having his efficiency numbers decline by beino forced into a greater role offensively.

I wouldn't say you got flamed. Nobody insulted you. People disagreed with you, which is the very purpose of a forum - discussion etc.

That being said I thought it was a bad idea then and I think its a bad idea now to offer Carroll the max. Much rather pay that money to Tobias who has a lot more room to grow and isn't at risk of having his efficiency numbers decline by beino forced into a greater role offensively.

The article mentions 4 yrs $50M, which is significantly less than the max. I expect Tobias to get offered more, so I would rather spend less money on Carroll since I think he is a better fit.

The article mentions 4 yrs $50M, which is significantly less than the max. I expect Tobias to get offered more, so I would rather spend less money on Carroll since I think he is a better fit.

Exactly. They anticipate he may get offered the max by some teams, but his market value is going to be the same as Tobias's.

Rob said he the team is too young. Carrol is in his prime at 28. He makes more sense for us at SF IMO.

A true 2 way player who can drain 3s is what this team needs.

To me a 3 and D SF is not a guy you give 12 million plus. I'd rather get someone off their rookie contracts like the guys in my sig that will probably be able to do 80% of what DeMarre Carrol does

To me a 3 and D SF is not a guy you give 12 million plus. I'd rather get someone off their rookie contracts like the guys in my sig that will probably be able to do 80% of what DeMarre Carrol does

Sure you can get them too. We need a bench and the Magic don't want a starting lineup with everyone under 25.

Rob and Skiles have already said the team is too young. Any player they draft is not just going to start right away.

The argument is he's more than a 3 and D guy. Which I agree with. It takes a certain player to buy in to the things that coach Bud emphasizes. That's where I believe part of his value is derived from.

Anything shy of eight figures is a good bet.

Sure you can get them too. We need a bench and the Magic don't want a starting lineup with everyone under 25.

Rob and Skiles have already said the team is too young. Any player they draft is not just going to start right away.

I think the Magic will play the players that give them the best chance to win. I think that he wants vets on the team for guidance. I have never heard him say anything about the starting line up. That is more on Skiles and how he wants to run his rotations.

So Embiid may be out all next year...glad we don't have that stuff to worry about.

Yea, He's the new Greg Oden. The only difference is the Blazers didn't know Oden was hurt while the Sixers knew very well Embid has serious injury concerns. Their re-build is turning into a decade long one.

Curious how all the Philly fans spin this one. They love to talk about how he fleeced us for Payton, but so far all their drafting and tanking has gotten them one solid rim protector in Noel and thats about it.

Could you imagine the chaos on here if we ended up with embiid and saric last season, effectively not having a draft pick after that turmoil.

I'm surprised they went with two guys who wouldn't play immediately after a year of no noel. You gotta give your fans something to watch.