Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Backup 5s I like :

Koufos - Love this guy behind Vuc. A very underrated rim protector.

Tyson Chandler - yep. He's older now but he would be great fit to anchor our bench squad. Probably will go to a contender, but he's worth a strong look.

Robin Lopez - solid rim protector

Brandan Wright - Love his physicality - would be a nice match next to Frye.

Marreese Speights - Sure as hell can't dunk off the fast break, but he's a very nice backup. Probably won't leave GSW, but he may have to if they max out Green and need to save some $$.

Speights is from St. Petersberg and went to UF.

Would be a nice "coming home" story should we look to sign him. Additionally, it would be a great rotation with him, Vuc, and AG / Rookie Big.

Walking the ball up the floor and zero defense. Definitely we are not going in that direction.

Jameer can run? And as of last season, he was the starting PG for Dallas, who was a solid contender before Rajon "The Team Cancer" Rondo was traded for Meer.

I think being traded & moving 3 times was difficult for him and his family.

I'm telling you (because I'm calling it), we WILL sign Jameer Nelson this offseason so that

A) He has a place that we know will not trade him mid-season.

B) He can be with his family in the city they've grown up in.

C) He can have signficiant back-up minutes on an Eastern Conference contender (because I have confidence we truly make the jump this year).

Mark my words.

Jameer can run? And as of last season, he was the starting PG for Dallas, who was a solid contender before Rajon "The Team Cancer" Rondo was traded for Meer.

I think being traded & moving 3 times was difficult for him and his family.

I'm telling you (because I'm calling it), we WILL sign Jameer Nelson this offseason so that

A) He has a place that we know will not trade him mid-season.

B)/> He can be with his family in the city they've grown up in.

C) He can have signficiant back-up minutes on an Eastern Conference contender (because I have confidence we truly make the jump this year).

Mark my words.

Everything you named is mainly just fuzzy feel good reasons. Sure Jameer can run, he's in the NBA. But like I said earlier he doesn't really fit with the roster we have built. It's not like I would be mad if he came back, it's a good story, but for our primary backup I would like someone that fits in better with who we are. And not being able to play D, stalling the offense with to much dribbling, not being able to push the tempo enough, isn't the guy I would choose for that void.

• Upvote 1

Backup 5s I like :

Koufos - Love this guy behind Vuc. A very underrated rim protector.

Tyson Chandler - yep. He's older now but he would be great fit to anchor our bench squad. Probably will go to a contender, but he's worth a strong look.

Robin Lopez - solid rim protector

Brandan Wright - Love his physicality - would be a nice match next to Frye.

Marreese Speights - Sure as hell can't dunk off the fast break, but he's a very nice backup. Probably won't leave GSW, but he may have to if they max out Green and need to save some $$.

Miles plumlee

Everything you named is mainly just fuzzy feel good reasons. Sure Jameer can run, he's in the NBA. But like I said earlier he doesn't really fit with the roster we have built. It's not like I would be mad if he came back, it's a good story, but for our primary backup I would like someone that fits in better with who we are. And not being able to play D, stalling the offense with to much dribbling, not being able to push the tempo enough, isn't the guy I would choose for that void.

Sorry - was identifying why JAMEER would want to come back. Fuzzy feelings are clearly not what Magic care for, but there is a certain sense of family in the magic organization which we all know and acknowledge.

Reasons the Magic would want Jameer:

1. "Family unity"

2. Locker room presence to mentor the young players more.

3. Still a very capable scorer, even at his age --> Instant offense off the bench

4. Would come at a very good price for an expectation of limited minutes vs. a premium back-up, whom would always be looking for a shot at a starting job anyway.

To push back on your points:

1. "Not being able to play D" - sure, he's not a one-on-one defender, but he's intelligent. Considering Scott Skiles got guys with far less desire and intelligence to be part of a top 10 defense, I think we'll be fine.

2. Stalling the offense and not pushing up tempo - systems dictate how the ball is pushed and how much movement there is. With Van Gundy, the plays were "Pass it to Dwight and if they collapose, pass it out and shoot the 3." With Vaughn, it was "Walk with up the floor and isolate" until Payton got pissed and started pushing it.

I disagree that Jameer isn't worth using as a backup. However, I guess we'll see what the two parties (Jameer / Magic) think about it this offseason... I'm just calling I see it happening very distinctly...

Okay no one has talked more crap about Dellavedova than me, but I would take him as our backup next year. He would be able to keep up the defensive intensity that Payton would start with, and he's a solid shooter.

I in no way think he's a great player or anything close to it, but in terms of the kind of PG I think we should target as a backup this year, he fits the mold I had in mind.

The question is, does any team pay him starters money? Idk what his market will be honestly.

Okay no one has talked more crap about Dellavedova than me, but I would take him as our backup next year. He would be able to keep up the defensive intensity that Payton would start with, and he's a solid shooter.

I in no way think he's a great player or anything close to it, but in terms of the kind of PG I think we should target as a backup this year, he fits the mold I had in mind.

The question is, does any team pay him starters money? Idk what his market will be honestly.

Hard to like a dirty player like him

Hard to like a dirty player like him

I wouldn't deny this. But, again just saying he's the kind of backup PG I would like. But some team will probably pay him stupid money for a backup PG.

I don't even like him. But I've grown to respect him.